Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What will you look like at 6 months AKA your 6-month goals

Congrats you two!! Its my dream to go hiking someday.. I want to get at least 30 more lbs off my knees, but I can't wait!! And Kristi, yayyyy! I'm so glad you broke your plateau.. I'm so stuck it's not even funny. I worked out hard for a long time yesterday and I still couldn't break my plateau.. I just don't know what to do anymore.. It's going on like almost 3 weeks for me.. well, I've lost 1 lb in three weeks... Plateaus aren't a bad thing, but I've only lost 3 lbs in the last month.. I'm use to losing 8-10 lbs in a month.. I'm not gonna let myself get upset though.. I am still thrilled with my weightloss so far.. :) Huzzah to the band.. changing our lives forever! Oh and I wanna see you in that hot black dress girl!

How is your Water intake? I plateaued for almost 2 weeks (went up like 4 lbs even) and it coincided with it getting even hotter and more humid here. I noticed that my feet were swollen and my wedding rings weren't fitting well. I upped my Water and finally dropped those four pounds and three more. Our bodies like to hold on to that water when it gets so hot, especially when we're exercising hard.

Really not sure if I'm going to make my goal or not. I'm also fighting a plateau. I've also had a lovely cold and felt like crap for the past week. Antibiotics seem to be working on it though and I was able to exercise the last couple days again. I wonder if it's common to hit plateaus every 3 months. It seems like many of us had them at about 3 months and again here at nearing 6 months. Trying hard to eat right and get some more exercise in and believe it will go away soon. Even thinking about going on the 2 week liquid pre-op diet again. Don't think I can force myself on that ever again though. LOL

I am also fighting a plateau, very frustrating. We have done alot of traveling this summer and I attribute it to not a whole lot of stability in my diet and exercise. But the kids will all be back to school by mid August and it will be time to focus on me again. I just had another fill on Tuesday so that should help me as well. I am really hoping to get to Onederland by October when we go to Hawaii, so I really need to get this train moving again.

How is your Water intake? I plateaued for almost 2 weeks (went up like 4 lbs even) and it coincided with it getting even hotter and more humid here. I noticed that my feet were swollen and my wedding rings weren't fitting well. I upped my Water and finally dropped those four pounds and three more. Our bodies like to hold on to that water when it gets so hot, especially when we're exercising hard.

My water intake is really good.. I know what it is.. Two weeks ago I got second degree burns on my legs and my ankles and feet got infected and bloated up like elephant legs.. I could barely walk and the pain was so intense.. then when that cleared up I got my TOM... My problem was lack of eating.. my band got swelled up and the day I was gonna go in for a slight unfill, I was able to finally eat more... I actually gained 5 lbs from that two week ordeal and have lost it all.. plus one more pound.. but, I'm still at -50 lbs as of this morning.. but technically I lost 5 lbs?? But that was water gain from that swelling and stuff.. As of two days ago I am back on track and have no swelling or bloating.. so, NO EXCUSES now. lol.. but again, Plateaus aren't totally a bad thing.

Hey guys… just wanted to post an update.

Just the other day I broke my 100 pounds total lost thresh. I’m telling you I have never felt better in my entire life!! So many great things to come and I’m going to just roll with it! Losing all this weight is just the beginning!! You only live once, live it happy and do whatever you can to achieve that.

It’s so amazing and I can’t say I’ve ever done anything so good for myself.

Well, I have just a little over a week to go until my full six months bandiversary. I tried on the skirt two days ago and it fit pretty good. I didn’t even think it would be attainable to fit that skirt by my Bandiversary but I did it.

It appears everyone else is doing great! Keep it up!!

So jealous, yet so very, very happy for you! I bet you're just bursting with happiness. I know I will be. And I bet that skirt looks absolutely wonderful on you. :wink2:

Not sure if I'll make mine or not. As of this morning I have 7 pounds to go in 16 days and I've been bouncing up and down 2 pounds for 2 weeks now. If my plateau ends soon I should make it. In the past I've sat at a spot for a few weeks and then dropped rapidly. Cross all your fingers for me.