Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What will you look like at 6 months AKA your 6-month goals

My goal (and wish) is to hit 50 lbs by my six month goal.

To be in a size 22 (which I haven't been in for about four years)

And to see my collar bone. I can feel it now...I want to see it!

I've been depressed. Ashamed. The scale hasn't moved in so long it seems. I only lost 7 lbs in six weeks from this fill I just got and it was a big one. I was scheduled for a fill on the 17th, but my air went out and I am currently paying for that then I found out that I have a plumbing leak so I had to cancel my fill, I can't afford it right now and so that makes me really really sad.

I had stopped working out, so it was my fault I just didn't have any...motivation I guess. Or my sadness weighed me down and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I am motivated now, I hope. I swam laps in the pool yesterday and it was pretty enjoyable. My gym has a large swimming pool and I think that I have found my new favorite exercise. I may even be able to convince my self descructive side to go to the gym at least twice a week.

Wish me luck. I have to get these 10 lbs off are I will scream.:thumbup:

dear ready

i'm so sorry for the misfortunes that have befallen you!

My old destructive side would want me to "comfort" myself with food!

I hope you can keep your destructive side going to the gym, and doing all the other good and healthy things....you are so worth this we all are

I believe in you and my wish is for you to have peace, and to have fullness (not of food) but of grace, peace, mercy,compasion,courage, and grim stubborn as a mule determination!!

Hang in there

Amanda/Peabody

At my average rate of 2 lbs per week, I will have lost 80 pounds by my 6 month mark. It's been such an amazing six months. I feel like such a different person in such a short time. I'm amazed that some of you are approaching 100 lbs lost. That's so great.

Some of you have done remarkably well. All kudos to you guys.

I don't have a goal since I didn't meet any short term ones in the first place. (I thought it would go quicker for me, meh!) But I am just under 3kg away from hitting 80kg so I will set that as a target. Since my weight loss has been reeaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy slow and inconsistent, I think that is achieveable.

My mini goal this year was to lose enough weight for my calves to fit into knee high boots..No such luck, so I will have to put that off until next winter!

I am due to see my dietician tomorrow and another fill on 5 August. I am looking forward to having restriction again (last fill removed my feeling of restriction).

I now know the foods I need to avoid like the plague - Pasta, bread and cake! I have had 3 PB'ing episodes and I am no longer vomitphobic! It's really not that bad, apart from the pain.

Good luck to everyone in getting to their goals. I hope I can achieve mine.

Kylie,

You're more than halfway to your goal! It may feel slow numbers-wise, but you're in a similar position to me on your ticker.

I honestly don't think my calves will ever be small enough to fit into cute boots. They have always been disproportionately large and are not really shrinking yet. Maybe they'll the last thing to shrink. We'll see.

I have been at a stand still in my weight loss. I decided to start Atkins again this week..hoping to see some weight loss. I obviously am not in the "zone" yet. Can the "biggest losers" share their average calorie count for each day?

My 6 month goal is to reach 100 lbs lost. I'm at -81 now and at a plateau. I actually hit that last week, then jumped up about 4 lbs and have gotten back down. It got super hot and humid here last week and I was very swollen. My wedding rings had been really loose, to the point I thought they'd fall off, then suddenly they were tight. I upped my Water intake and that got those 4 lbs off. I've also increased my Protein, changed my food choices, and started consistently exercising. A few days last week I walked about 1 mile a day, then Monday about a mile, then yesterday and mile and a half. I'm going to aim for a mile and a half today too. My six month is until August 28th so I have 5 weeks. I don't think I'll lose 19 lbs in that time, but maybe. I keep hoping for a big drop once all the rest of this water weight leaves. I still feel a little puffy so we'll see.

I have been at a stand still in my weight loss. I decided to start Atkins again this week..hoping to see some weight loss. I obviously am not in the "zone" yet. Can the "biggest losers" share their average calorie count for each day?

1000-1200 calories per day, 70-80 grams of Protein minimum, 64 ozs of Water per day minimum. I track what I eat with an online calorie tracker. I don't pay too much attention to carbs or fat, but try to stay under 100 g of carbs and 40 g of fat. I can do that pretty well just by watching overall calories.

1000-1200 calories per day, 70-80 grams of Protein minimum, 64 ozs of Water per day minimum. I track what I eat with an online calorie tracker. I don't pay too much attention to carbs or fat, but try to stay under 100 g of carbs and 40 g of fat. I can do that pretty well just by watching overall calories.

Dang, seems like we're running on the same track Jaime. I hit a plateau last week too. I've lost 2 pounds in the last couple weeks. It's also been stormy and humid here, maybe it's Water for me?

I have about 800-1100 calories usually unless I kick it up for a day to try and keep a plateau away. I don't get as much Protein, about 45-70 and usually the low end of that. I exercise almost every day and use a calorie counter online, The Daily Plate. I'm about the same on carbs and but I try to keep my fat under 30g. Close enough.

I was having a "bad day" about once a week also. Then right around my fill, I got off track with that and I didn't go over about 1100 calories for about 2 weeks. I was REALLY bad last weekend with 3 family birthdays within 4 days, dinner out, birthday cake, barbeque...I was hoping it would break my plateau.

I try not to go under 1000 calories if I can help it. Sometimes depending on my food choices, I do though. Being consistently under 1000 brings a plateau for me, plus I just feel crappy.

Something has to give on this plateau. I've been craving ice cream...maybe I should have some. :smile2:

I finally came off of a 3 week plateau, and have lost 2 pounds in the last three days. Hooray!

My six month anniversary is August 1, since I was banded on Feb 1. I wanted to be at 160 pounds by then, but alas am about 8 pounds heavier than that. However I can fit into my size 12 black cocktail dress, just in time for an event coming up on August 8. I've known this was coming up since January, pre-surgery, and have been hoping and praying it would fit. Finally it does and I won't have to waste money on another dress that I'll wear only once!

Congrats on the little black dress. That has to feel super.

I went hiking in the mountains last weekend. That is something I would never have attempted 6 months ago. It was an amazing view from the top. We only hiked about 3 miles but the trails were steep and rocky. I am really proud of myself for going up and making it back down without any problems.

post-57229-13813666937835_thumb.jpg

post-224680-13813137396732_thumb.jpg

I went hiking in the mountains last weekend. That is something I would never have attempted 6 months ago. It was an amazing view from the top. We only hiked about 3 miles but the trails were steep and rocky. I am really proud of myself for going up and making it back down without any problems.

[ATTACH]14560[/ATTACH]

Holy Moly! I don't think I would ever attempt that! Congratulations!

Congrats you two!! Its my dream to go hiking someday.. I want to get at least 30 more lbs off my knees, but I can't wait!! And Kristi, yayyyy! I'm so glad you broke your plateau.. I'm so stuck it's not even funny. I worked out hard for a long time yesterday and I still couldn't break my plateau.. I just don't know what to do anymore.. It's going on like almost 3 weeks for me.. well, I've lost 1 lb in three weeks... Plateaus aren't a bad thing, but I've only lost 3 lbs in the last month.. I'm use to losing 8-10 lbs in a month.. I'm not gonna let myself get upset though.. I am still thrilled with my weightloss so far.. :) Huzzah to the band.. changing our lives forever! Oh and I wanna see you in that hot black dress girl!

Oh and I wanna see you in that hot black dress girl!

You got it! If I don't post pics here, I'll put them on my myspace page for sure! And my plateau has been the same. I've only lost three pounds in the last month, too and TWO of those were this week. It sucks, but we'll get past it and on to our goals!