Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Experience with Obesity Law Firm?

Hi All!

Obesity Law has agreed to take my case for an appeal after Cigna rejected my surgery. Has anyone had any experience with this process and/or firm? How often are they successful? How long does it take for the appeal process with this firm?

Sooner:confused2:

:tt1::bolt::laugh:Yahooooo!!

The Obesity Law firm submitted an appeal to Cigna in August. I got approved last week!!!

My surgeon said I was their second patient the firm got approval for, even after the insurance company denied their appeal!!

I am scheduled for the surgery on October 7th. Can't wait to start the rest of my life as a healthier person (I'm on 11 medications including 2 meds for high blood pressure, an insulin pump and diabetes oral medications, reflux meds, plus c-pap machine that I hope I'll eventually leave behind).

Sooner

Congratulations. This Obesity Law firm you speak of, did you have to pay for the service? If so, would you mind emailing me privately and letting me know what the rates are. I have a Medicare advantage plan through United Health Care and I was told that whatever Medicare paid for the Advantage plans had to pay for. I was not only denied the lapband surgery but now they will not pay for all the testing I had.

:dita::biggrin::laugh:Yahooooo!!

The Obesity Law firm submitted an appeal to Cigna in August. I got approved last week!!!

My surgeon said I was their second patient the firm got approval for, even after the insurance company denied their appeal!!

I am scheduled for the surgery on October 7th. Can't wait to start the rest of my life as a healthier person (I'm on 11 medications including 2 meds for high blood pressure, an insulin pump and diabetes oral medications, reflux meds, plus c-pap machine that I hope I'll eventually leave behind).

Sooner

Congratulations. This Obesity Law firm you speak of, did you have to pay for the service? If so, would you mind emailing me privately and letting me know what the rates are. I have a Medicare advantage plan through United Health Care and I was told that whatever Medicare paid for the Advantage plans had to pay for. I was not only denied the lapband surgery but now they will not pay for all the testing I had.

Hi SSFlbelle,

Their service was absolutely free! My surgeon's office referred me to them. Information about them can be found on their web site: www.obesitylaw.com.

Best wishes,

Sooner

Sooner, that's fantastic. I'm still fighting with insurance, so I think I'll check out their web site. I hope they're nationwide!

good luck! Let us know how everything goes!

Debbie

I faxed my appeal info in to them today and I'm waiting to see if they can handle the appeal free of charge to me. Aetna denied me because I have not had 2 concurrent years at this BMI. I really hope they accept my case and can get the denial reversed. Self - pay would be a serious hardship for me and my family but the thought of another 20 months at this weight is something I can't handle the thought of.