Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok... I know this is probably Taboo as hell, but I am going to ask it anyway!

Has anybody resorted to Self-Fills instead of paying some damned money hungry doc $1,000 to do it?

I only ask because I moved away from my clinic and the doc here wants almost a grand to stick me with a darned needle and squirt in some salty water!

If anybody has done this, how did you get your Huber needles? Prescription, black market (just kidding)?

I called a few doctors looking for a fill doc before I found the one I use.

One doc told me a thousand plus to get accepted then $500.00 I hung up so fast LMAO.This is what I did I went to Realize website did a search

for certified docs in my area and started calling.I found a great doc that way.

HERE IS A FEW

Eric S. Bour MD, FACS

UMG Bariatric and Minimal Access Surgery

2104 Woodruff Road

Greenville, SC 29607

Phone: 864-676-1072

Fax: 864-676-0729

Marc C. Antonetti MD

The South Carolina Obesity Surgery Center

146 North Hospital Drive

Suite 430

West Columbia, SC 29169

Phone: 803-791-2828

Fax: 803-791-2824

James D. Givens MD

The South Carolina Obesity Surgery Center

146 North Hospital Drive

Suite 430

West Columbia, SC 29169

Phone: 803-791-2828

Fax: 803-791-2824

Edward J. Rapp II M.D.

Premier Surgical Services PA

105 Vine Crest Court

Suite 500

Greenwood, SC 29646

Phone: 864-227-8932

Fax: 864-227-8973

Edited by Bamagal

Look up fill centers usa. They have an office in Charlotte. Dr. Ahigan is great. I think it's like $350.00 for the first visit, then $160.00 each fill afterwards.

I don't think there's any excuse for charging someone $1K for a fill!! On the other hand, I would never recommend self fills. Not to mention the fact that you're not trained to do it and it is sometimes quite difficult to do, you could introduce all kinds of yucky stuff trying to get it donel

I'd take the advice of some of the other folks above and find a ddifferent doctor to do the fills. There has to be someone else that can do it...even if they're a little further away, it's probably worth the trip!

I don't think there's any excuse for charging someone $1K for a fill!! On the other hand, I would never recommend self fills. Not to mention the fact that you're not trained to do it and it is sometimes quite difficult to do, you could introduce all kinds of yucky stuff trying to get it donel

I'd take the advice of some of the other folks above and find a ddifferent doctor to do the fills. There has to be someone else that can do it...even if they're a little further away, it's probably worth the trip!

That doctor that used to post here charges $1K for a fill, Brad Wilcox... I think that was his name. He told me in a PM that it was a punishment of sorts for going to Mexico.

Creep.

Holy crap, $1000 a fill??? I'm fully self-pay in Aus and my doc charges $150. Medicare does give a rebate on that ($105) so it only actually costs me $45, but I'd still be happy to pay the full $150 compared to $1000. That's highway robbery!