Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pizza and the band?

So... i uh... ate pizza :) . Will the crust cause and issue with the band? And if i ate too much does that cause an issue with the band? Like will it slip? Been banded since may 21st 2008 so should i worry? Or is it a simple bad food choice and thats all to worry about.

~~jessica

Ive had pizza and a cheeseburger since ive been banded and all i feel is discomfort and it also depend on how tight you are

I hope this helped a little

- Ryan Eckersen

It's all about food choices... right now you have no restriction so, like me you can probably get about anything down without too much of an issue... but decide how you want to eat.... pizza is partially what made us obese so why continue eating it? Especially when you are restricted, every calorie and thing you put in your mouth should give you optimal nutrition the majority of the time.... why not start super healthy habits now if you want a truly new life? Isn't that why you got the band in the first place. Making bad food choices can definately take a toll on you band over time... don't risk it. What is done is done, just a bad choice, but set some goals and work hard to develop new habits. Good thing the band is pretty forgiving and lets us start over most of the time.

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/302/180

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

first fill tomorrow! 7/17/08

how much pizza did you eat? Pizza can be a decent food if you choose right and limit portion. whole wheat pizza with lowfat cheese and Tomato sauce. I take my son for WIC appt. and the nutrion counselors say that pizza as healthy as you can make it in limited amounts it not a horrible food. good source of veg. and Calcium and whole grain if you use the wheat crust. I wouldn't eat alot and not often so keep your head up chicky, put it behind you and move on. Your gonna do great

Thanks for the help . As far as food choices and such im normally pretty good with what i ate... i guess i got weak when i saw friends eating it.

Back on track now...

~~jessica

I just posted on another thread yesterday about pizza. I luv pizza but am happily limiting myself to it now. I do enjoy one slice of cheese once in a while. No harm, crust and all!!

No reason for people to think you're failing yourself just because you questioned eating it. Heck, I had a chocolate chip/peanut butter cookie yesterday. ONE vs FOUR...and check my weight-loss ticker below!!

And I know how to be since banded...so don't judge me!!

I STILL love pizza and I eat it. I just skip the crust! It swells up like a plug every time. But I can eat the heck out of the top of a piece. When I make pizza at home for the grandkids, I spread just the sauce and toppings in an oven proof dish and bake it the last 15 min the pizza is baking. We can all sit down and eat together, and I don't feel deprived. Depraved maybe!

I can no longer eat regular crust pizza, if we do have pizza(which isnt often) I can only eat thin crust. If your like me you might have ALOT of trouble with thick /dry breads

I cant eat pizza at all. It all comes up within 5 minutes. It's the crust. Anything with bread is not compatible with my band.

I just pick the toppings off and eat that.

One day, when I am at my goal weight, I will loosen the restriction and maybe then I can have one slice of pizza.

I can eat pizza with no problem.

I don't make it a regular habit, and I stay away from typical delivery places, but I really love the Kashi frozen pizzas. Because it's just me eating most nights (unless I go out with friends or something), if I fix one of the Kashi pizzas, I let it thaw until it's soft enough to slice into quarters. I put a fourth of the pizza in the oven and fix that for dinner and it is more than enough. (Plus, only having a small portion readily prepared keeps me from being tempted to eat more.) The other parts get wrapped up individually and stored in my freezer for the next time I have another craving for my favorite food.