Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ungrateful people...

Some people never cease to amaze me.......

The company I work for had a booth at "The Taste of Chicago" where we were giving away stuff with our name on them just as advertising....

Well, we also raffled off twelve $50 gas cards... all people had to do was put their names and phone numbers on a card that went into the raffle drum, we picked out one name every hour and then monday we started calling all the winners for them to pick up their gas cards...

At least 10 out of the 12 people were complaining... some because the gas cards were from BP and Shell and they only like to buy gas from Exxon or Texaco, blah, blah.., or because our office was just too far from them and it was a little too inconvinient or because it wasn't really worth to drive to pick up a gas card now a days... someone said that we probably were giving away BP and Shell cards because they sell the most expensive gas.... WTH???????? what do we have to gain by buying gas cards from a gas station that has higher prices? one of them demanded we mail it to him because he had a feeling that it was a scam and he didn't want to get dragged in a time share presentation or something else...hello??????? they filled the raffle cards themselves, they saw the name of our company there , which is an insurance company, we called them and gave them our name, address and phone number, what does that have to do with a time share? We agreed to send it by mail and he demanded that we send it Fed-Ex or UPS because it could get lost.... we told him that this was a gift and that we were not willing to spend additional money by sending it with a carrier, but if he wanted to pay for the delivery charges, we could do it, well, he was insulted....I have never heard so many complaints and so much crap from people that actually won a prize...:eek: What the heck is wrong with people?

I think one or two people were happy and grateful....the rest were all so darn rude.:blush:

Ugh, I just had to rant....

Edited by ELENATION

wow that is absolutely ridiculous! I mean I guess if you live way far away from the office they could inquire politely about it being mailed to them but to be so rude and awful. I just do not understand some people...

i think that since you were so rude that you didn't tell me there was a raffle so i could attend and enter, then you should send me a $50 gift card too, because i would have won if i had been there.

wait, it has to be for $60 because gas went up 10 cents today.

oh, better send it for $75, because by the time you mail it to me and i get it gas will go up again.

i'm going out to the mailbox to wait for it.

Wow- if it were me I would have thanked you a million times! lol. I would think your day would have gone drastically different- giving away money and all!

I know! I agree with you all! we told our boss about it and suggested we keep the cards for us instead of giving them to stupid people like that.... specially that we were the ones at the booth on our feet all day and sweating under the heat...but the boss didn't go for it... dang it!:thumbup:

Miz, you are so right, by the time you get the card, gas will more than likely be up again...gee, and that's no joke... but not to worry, I'll send a $75 one to you to make up for it...:confused:

Well Jack since you are being so understanding and paying for the postage, no problem! I'll send those cards your way baby!:biggrin2:

And yes, you'd think it would've been a nice experience giving them away, you know, it's always nice to make people's day with a little gift right? well, not for some people!:)

I tell you Plain, that's how I started my rant.... because it's so true, people never cease to amaze me.... just when you think you've heard it all, they just keep amusing me with their stupidity...

Edited by ELENATION