Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

now i can't eat again!!! that's my life!

hi!

Okk i was eating so wonderfully then i just HAD to go for my 3rd fill didn't I!!!

Now it kind of hurts when i eat! It's like i can't swallow properly and it takes long to go down the pipe - a bit like Constipation i guess! Pehehehe!!! The only difference is that i dont like not eating at ALL!

Also, my doc puts milli... something, not the "cc" that you guys talk about! I think i had around 6, then when he put the 7th one that's when the damage was caused! I can't even eat chips without it getting stuck in my pipe! If i take half a mm out then do you think it will make a difference!!!??

The only good news is that FINALLY after alot of practice the doc can now stick a needle in me for a fill really quickly and i dont get anymore shooting "heart attack" pains!

And i still don't know what PB is, some sort of slime or something?? Well at least i am not doing that!

Thanks!

When did you get this fill?

Most surgeons (and all of us here) recommend at least 24 hours of liquids after a fill, and another 24 hours of mushies.

Are you having any trouble drinking Water? even sips?? If so, then you may be too tight. If not, then try taking smaller bites and waiting longer between bites.

Heres a thread that we talked in detail about PB's. Good luck, and keep us posted on your journey!

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4170

If i take half a mm out then do you think it will make a difference!!!??

Yes, you will be amazed what a difference removing such a tiny ammount will do, it will make it more comfortable to eat but still give you enough restriction to still lose.

May I ask why you went in for your third fill? Were you not losing ? Were you eating to much? I ask because you have such great wieght loss in such a short period.

If this continues through the weekend, definately call your doctor.

hey! thanks for the feedback and the website!

Well i can swallow liquids no problem - yes i do feel restriction but that is just normal right?.

Maybe it's because it's only the 3rd day without doing any liquids. I just started to eat normally. Now that i think about it, i think the pain could be my stomach pipe being a bit sore from the fill?? Cause really i have no pain with Water.

Thanks for the advise - i think i will wait for a few more days - if i still feel pain i will take half a mm thankssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Guest lilpugowner

Hi All.....I just got my fourth fill last tuesday ( 4 days ago)...I did liquids for the first 24 hours...but since then I've had the exact same problem of the food getting stuck in my "pipes" I'm pb-ing 5-6 times a day...(I'm a nurse and i've even done it in front of my Doctor that I work for...very embarassing)...but the pain in horrible and I have found that if i drink something warm even warm Water then it will finally go down...Here is my problem I was banded on 2-4-15 and this is the first time that I have had any restriction...I've lost 6 pounds in the 4 days....My first weight loss in the 3 months since being banded....should I try liquids another few days before I contact my surgeon I am finally restricted and I'm just afraid of that he will just put me back at the stand still stage again.....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....Also does pb-ing do anything to the band like the vomiting does? You know like it could cause slippage?

hi!

ohhhh sorry about the pbing thing! Maybe if you doc could just take a bit out? So the fill will still be more than before - but not as much as now - other banders say that can make a great difference! I'm going to try that as well.

Let's see what others say i am sure they will have good advise!

Good luck!

Guest j. lynn

Also, my doc puts milli... something, not the "cc" that you guys talk about! I think i had around 6, then when he put the 7th one that's when the damage was caused! I can't even eat chips without it getting stuck in my pipe! If i take half a mm out then do you think it will make a difference!!!??

1 milliliter = 1 CC You must have a 10CC band. 1/2 mm could make a big difference.

The only good news is that FINALLY after alot of practice the doc can now stick a needle in me for a fill really quickly and i dont get anymore shooting "heart attack" pains!

It's probably not that he needed practice (if he's done bands before), but the band becomes easier to locate the more weight you lose, as a general rule.

And i still don't know what PB is, some sort of slime or something?? Well at least i am not doing that!

PB = Productive Burp. When food comes up because you didn't chew well enough, ate too fast or too much. Not a full blown barf as there is no stomach acid.

Guest j. lynn

should I try liquids another few days before I contact my surgeon I am finally restricted and I'm just afraid of that he will just put me back at the stand still stage again.....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....Also does pb-ing do anything to the band like the vomiting does? You know like it could cause slippage?

General rule of thumb is that if you can get liquids down, then go to liquids only for about 1-2 weeks, if you can handle that. If you're still too tight, then get an unfill. You might just be swollen after the PB or the fill. After you PB, you should go back to liquids ONLY for at least 24 hours. Otherwise, you'll just irritate an already irritated stomach.

PBs have been thought to cause slippage -- but not just 1 PB, but a history of them.

jayme

Guest lilpugowner

Thanks for the information...I've started to be able to eat soft foods and not get them stuck...I'm going to try and not get an unfill i'll just take it slow...i didn't pb at all today...woohoo...