Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One step forward, Two steps back

I have finally felt like I had everything going to get the lap band since changing surgeons last month, I have now completed one of the support group meetings, the psych eval, and the sleep study, in addition to the 6 month supervised diet that the ins requires. Well my doctor who did the 6 months didnt include everything needed in the records and as they are right now the ins co will reject it if its sent in, I called the drs office back after talking to the surgeons office to make sure they had received the records and finding out that the dr had not put in the exercise part of the program into the notes and her secretary didnt know if it could be added but that she would talk to the dr in the morning to see what could be done, if they cant or wont put it in I would have to start all over again with the 6 months and I dont want to do that. I am at the point where I am thinking about trying to figure out a way to self pay if this doesnt work out...I am just so frustrated right now with everything.:thumbup:

The bad part of this whole thing was I told my doctor at the beginning what the records needed to have in them, up until my last appointment she seemed pretty ambivalent about the whole thing but all the sudden seemed behind me getting this and now I don't know anymore

So my doctors office called me this morning and said that the dr cant/wont put the exercise portion into the records that was forgotten in the first place, so right now I am so frustrated its not funny and don't know what to do, because I definitely do not want to have to start this all over again. Maybe its time I look into figuring out how to pay for this myself.....

its not going to deter me i am just frustrated that i did my part of this whole process and my doctor didnt follow thru with her end of it.. the surgeons office made the suggestion that if i have to start over again to go thru a dietician that way it gets done correctly this time..I am just incredibly frustrated with my doctor right now... They called back and are going to do an addendum to the records and we will submit that to humana and see if they will accept it, this is why I wish my dr paid more attention to what I said about this when I started back in Feb....

Edited by blueangelkc80
Updated information