Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

I am really surprised that I felt so much restriction. I have been able to eat about 3/4 to 1 cup a food for each meal. I have to remind myself to eat because I have been full. I thought it would take more fills to have restriction. Oh well, I am lovin' feelin' full.

I wonder if this will be short lived or carry me through to my appt next month? Thanks for the support! :thumbup:

I think there is hope for all of us, then. That's great! I would think that as long as you just eat till you are satisfied and eat slowly, that the restriction will last a good time because you are not stretching out your stomach and band too much. Makes sense, right?

krtork. your lucky. i had my first fill on the 3rd, dont have much restriction still and haven't been loosing weight for past couple weeks. I am just trying to be pacient and remember that will probably take a couple fills before i get to my sweet spot.

i had my surgery August 20. i was wondering the same thing about those steri strips. i went ahead and pealed them off. felt so good! the strips were irritating my skin. the incisions look good. i go for my first fill tommorrow. wish me luck!

anyone have a problem driving thereself home after a fill? it is over 2 hours , one way for me.

thanks

Susan

I am really surprised that I felt so much restriction. I have been able to eat about 3/4 to 1 cup a food for each meal. I have to remind myself to eat because I have been full. I thought it would take more fills to have restriction. Oh well, I am lovin' feelin' full.

I wonder if this will be short lived or carry me through to my appt next month? Thanks for the support! :cry_smile:

I go for my first fill tomorrow I hope I'm as lucky as you!:thumbup: I have definitely be eating more the last few days.

I go for my first fill tomorrow I hope I'm as lucky as you!:biggrin: I have definitely be eating more the last few days.

cutiew!

How did your fill go today? I'm so curious. My appetite is returning with a vengeance, especially since I'm a little premenstrual.

I go back to see my surgeon on Oct 1st, but he didn't say anything about a fill. I'm guessing he will evaluate whether I need a fill or not? But I certainly hope I can get one right then and there. I think I may call the office to find out what to expect.

well POOHIE! they didn't give me a fill today, said i had to wait until the 23rd. they had to wait a month before a fill. dang with what they told me they could have emailed to me and saved me from driving 5 hours there and back.. (for him to tell me , you can start driving now haha)

well POOHIE! they didn't give me a fill today, said i had to wait until the 23rd. they had to wait a month before a fill. dang with what they told me they could have emailed to me and saved me from driving 5 hours there and back.. (for him to tell me , you can start driving now haha)

OMG! I can't believe that! I thought two weeks out was pretty soon to be getting a fill. It will go by quickly!

I got my first fill today, and it was totally painless!:thumbdown:

cutiew!

How did your fill go today? I'm so curious. My appetite is returning with a vengeance, especially since I'm a little premenstrual.

I go back to see my surgeon on Oct 1st, but he didn't say anything about a fill. I'm guessing he will evaluate whether I need a fill or not? But I certainly hope I can get one right then and there. I think I may call the office to find out what to expect.

It went great! You should get your fill for sure...your doctor must wait 6 weeks.

yes...i can't wait to hear either. i can also tell that i'm able to eat more and am hungry! don't want to ruin what i've done so far. :thumbdown:

I've been feeling the same way! I sure hope this fill helps!! When do you get yours?

I've been feeling the same way! I sure hope this fill helps!! When do you get yours?

i'm so happy for you! and glad that it was painless. i was supposed to go next wednesday...but real life is seriously intervening as i will be working day and night all next week to get ready for three crafts shows that run on three consecutive weekends starting sept. 20th. and i'm the world's worst procrastinator...LOL i mean, geesh, i was working up until i had surgery on aug. 5th! the nurse had to tell my dad to take my pda/phone away from me! LOL so i'm scheduled for aug. 24th...i just keep telling myself to eat slow and focus on the task at hand.

please let us know how it goes!

Cutie i am so glad to hear that fill was painless. i wished i had known 2 weeks out was soon for a fill. i would have called and ask :thumbup: oh well, i wouldn't want it done to soon.

i told my hubby if this takes a year to lose, it will go fast, as the years seem to pass like a month to me these days. (the older i get) and i didn't gain it all over night.

i told the Dr i was a little disappointed that i had not lost more yet. He said it was normal, that alot of people gain during this period.

so i won't worry about it to much for now.

Cutie i am so glad to hear that fill was painless. i wished i had known 2 weeks out was soon for a fill. i would have called and ask :thumbup: oh well, i wouldn't want it done to soon.

i told my hubby if this takes a year to lose, it will go fast, as the years seem to pass like a month to me these days. (the older i get) and i didn't gain it all over night.

i told the Dr i was a little disappointed that i had not lost more yet. He said it was normal, that alot of people gain during this period.

so i won't worry about it to much for now.

Your doing great! I wouldn't be hard on yourself 14 lbs is alot of weight in a short perod of time! BTW I totally know what you mean about how fast time goes by now!

i'm so happy for you! and glad that it was painless. i was supposed to go next wednesday...but real life is seriously intervening as i will be working day and night all next week to get ready for three crafts shows that run on three consecutive weekends starting sept. 20th. and i'm the world's worst procrastinator...LOL i mean, geesh, i was working up until i had surgery on aug. 5th! the nurse had to tell my dad to take my pda/phone away from me! LOL so i'm scheduled for aug. 24th...i just keep telling myself to eat slow and focus on the task at hand.

please let us know how it goes!

Your so funny! Only two more weeks to go, when it comes to you make sure you work yourself in some how!!....a craft show sounds like fun! Good Luck!:thumbup:

Hey been offline for a few days, my computer is being fixed. Should have it back by Monday or Tues. I'm checking messages online for now.

I am still losing about 1-2 lbs a week. Next week I go for my first fill.

I am not looking forward to having them stick me with that needle LOL but hey I need it done. I got my appetite back with a vengeance. But I am doing good controlling it.