Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

i bought some meal substitutes from the Dr's office too. but these are much better. i did talk with the dietian before i used them since they said it was important to stick with there diet to reduce my liver. she said it was fine. i like them in the blender so i can crush the ice in them, much better and filling to me. the Jello and extracts give them flavor and body :biggrin:

my doc's office doesn't sell anything like that. the nutritionist i saw where i had surgery (and ironically work) gave me a list of different Protein powders and the prices at Walmart, GNC and i think a local grocery store just so some patients have a frame of reference. i was so thrilled last night...i had really smooth egg salad. and it tasted heavenly!!

hope everyone is doing well!!! take care!

One week out and feeling really good, glad I took the extra time off work. :smile: Hope everyone is doing well. I did have a bad day yesterday just felt like I needed some meat!! Hubby helped, made me a Soup, it was great and just what I needed. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Those of you waiting to go, it isn't as bad as you think. Hang in there! I am having some left shoulder pain from time to time, MD says it is referred from the line and port, so anyone experiancing this type of pain a few days post, it is normal and will go away. Mine is already better. :mad2:

I'm so afraid to shower. I know I can but I just don't want to. How long does it take to get to the point where you feel like it's ok to sleep regular, like on your side? I'm just so ancy to feel physically normal again and it's only been about 3 days.

I have slept on my right side since the first day. Took about a week before I could sleep on left side without feeling a little pain. Now I am pain free and sleep great.

Don't be afraid to shower, you will feel so much better. I can't wait until Monday and I can then soak in a tub ( 2 weeks since surgery then ).

It's finally here!! :wink2: I have my bags pretty much packed, furry companions are all looked after (although one is really sick :thumbup: so please say a prayer for my sweet cat Spooky to be well), cashier's cheque ready, plane tickets in hand... DH and I are OFF to Tijuana at 6 in the morning with surgery on Wednesday. I am at total, complete peace with the whole thing and just can't wait to start working on the other side! Lost 7 pounds on the LSD in the week that I've been on it... I was pleased with that!:thumbup: Here we Go-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!!!

Talk to you when we get back :biggrin2: (late on the 23rd-this Saturday night)

Stace

Stace~

Good luck, let us know how it went when you get back!

I'll pray for the kitty!

It's finally here!! :blink: I have my bags pretty much packed, furry companions are all looked after (although one is really sick :crying: so please say a prayer for my sweet cat Spooky to be well), cashier's cheque ready, plane tickets in hand... DH and I are OFF to Tijuana at 6 in the morning with surgery on Wednesday. I am at total, complete peace with the whole thing and just can't wait to start working on the other side! Lost 7 pounds on the LSD in the week that I've been on it... I was pleased with that!:thumbup: Here we Go-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!!!

Talk to you when we get back :biggrin2: (late on the 23rd-this Saturday night)

Stace

Good Luck tomorrow!!!:biggrin:

Tomorrow I get to start real food again. Anyone else just starting reg food? I was told to stay between 600-800 calories still. I cant decide what to try first. I havent lost any weight this past week, once I started mushies. I am hoping that my body will start letting the weight go soon. I dont really have any restriction, but have my first fill appointment in 2 weeks.

oh god that was freakin halarious!!

I have 2 cats and a dog and i work with alot of engineers...so this was great gonna have to find it so i can post it to myspace