Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Gee I am now in my 5th day after surgery and I sure couldn't do a theme park unless in a wheel chair with lots of liquid to drink and a lot of easy access bathrooms. Maybe in my 20's but I'm 60 and I would wait another week or so.

Good Luck

Hey All,

Just checking in. Happy Birthday, Cutie! Best wishes for a year toward looking and feeling a whole lot better! I am wondering if anyone has heard of PB's and what they are and how to not have them?

Krislyn

PB's are productive burps. I think they happen when we don't chew well or eat something that does not want to go down past the band. Usu sally it involves hacking up the food and a lot of slimming. Slimming occurs because your salivary glands are in overdrive to help get the food down. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

Thanks Claudine,

I was reading few articles and they had the term PB's in them and I thought it had to do with burping. I just wasnt sure. I have been burping, but not because of food- just gas. I am only on shakes and Clear Liquids still. Thanks again.

Krislyn

i started my pre-op diet on the 6th. (surgery date 20th) they wanted me to do the slim fast ugh! i can't tolerate it. so i went into town and found this place called shake the Weight. the shakes are like having a 2000 calorie meal for 200 calories. they gave me lots of recipes so i can do it at home. this stuff is great! very good variety. so check out your area and see if they have this. its very good tasting.

i am so happy to have found you all!

:thumbup:I just got off the scale and Im down 17 pounds since surgery last monday!!

I cant say i feel tops, port site is still really sore and that is frustrating me.

Had cream of chicken Soup last night that made me feel a bit more human than the shakes all the time. It tasted awesome. I told dh that i could close my eyes and pretend that it was a mashed potatoe, gravy chicken dinner lol.

Anyway, hang in there guys! It all gets better and it will all pay off. (I keep telling mysef that :D

Have a great Tuesday:smile2:

***Waaaaaaa, I cant figure out how to change my ticker and I gotta run now***

Edited by momx5

Congratulations Momx5!

Seventeen pounds is awesome. I am in the same boat. I have lost 12 since last Wed. and I am still really sore around the port as well. I have to stay on shakes and Clear Liquids for three weeks! So glad you got to have something like food! Take care. And, I dont even know how to get a ticker on my site! Krislyn

Hey Malteselover,

So glad youre with us! I am definitely going to look for that shake place. Where are you from? I am in Bakersfield, California. I dont think there is a shake the weight store here, maybe I can find it online! Take care.

Krislyn

:thumbup:I just got off the scale and Im down 17 pounds since surgery last monday!!

I cant say i feel tops, port site is still really sore and that is frustrating me.

Had cream of chicken Soup last night that made me feel a bit more human than the shakes all the time. It tasted awesome. I told dh that i could close my eyes and pretend that it was a mashed potatoe, gravy chicken dinner lol.

Anyway, hang in there guys! It all gets better and it will all pay off. (I keep telling mysef that :unsure:

Have a great Tuesday:smile2:

***Waaaaaaa, I cant figure out how to change my ticker and I gotta run now***

WOW 17 lbs is awesome!

I was happy just waking up this morning and all the Water being gone that I gained during surgery plus 2 lbs!:D

:thumbup:I just got off the scale and Im down 17 pounds since surgery last monday!!***

Way to go! I am trying to stay off the scale and weigh once a week, that is hard when the scale is slowly movin' down every day!:biggrin2: I have a post-op appt on thursday, so I will use that as my official weight this week! I can't wait to see what it says.

I am now able to take on and off all my pants without unzipping and unbuttoning. I felt like a high school boy with my crack hanging out today when I was walking around! Kinda fun - I was hoping to get through the next two months without having to buy clothes, but I don't think that will happen!