Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Krtock-Do your best to get your Protein in! It's so very important!!!

PJ - That's what I'm taking now. The only side affects it has is really sleepiness, did you used to drink coffee?

Hey Cutie...it's your roomie! How are you doing now? I was feeling great for most of the day yesterday and then I wound up feeling nauseas. I think it's from the liquid Vicodin and very little in my belly. I'm not too terribly sore, so I think I'm going to go med free and see if that helps. I'm just having a teenie bit of the gas pain every now and then. I feel that restriction in my chest that I see others writing about...sorta like I want to burp really bad, but can't. That is probably the worst thing I'm dealing with. Still not hungry at all. I'm going to make myself drink as much of the shake this morning as possible I am weak and I know I need the protien.

Hang in there everyone. This time next month we'll all be comparing notes on the pounds we've lost! WOO HOO!

My surgery on the 7th went fine, tho I had to be there at 5:45 in the a. freaking m! Can't remember the last time I had to get up before 5. Surgery went great and other than some gas pains yesterday the day was fine. I think I had about 4 sugar-free fruit bars to help with the throat pain, and barely managed to choke down one bottle of Isopure and a few cups of Water. Head hungry when I got home, but that's gone.

Terrible night's sleep tho, as all the hospital drugs wore off and my incisions started hurting. As someone said elsewhere, it felt like I'd done about 500 sit ups! I have four incisions plus the port - which is in the middle of my chest, just below my breast line. I'm hoping it is down far enough to not interfere with my bra. But since I'll be able to wear less formidable styles soon, should be OK! :ohmy:

I've managed to get down most of a full bottle of Isopure this morning - since I finally gave up and got up at 5. Let's not make this a habit, ok?! :) I've got three days of Clear Liquids then I can move onto full liquids, which I'm really looking forward too. Not hungry, but feeling a bit draggy between the oxycodone and the lack of food. Oh, and no sleep!

Anyway, long report, but it helps me to write it down to see how I'm doing. At this point I feel like I could live on popsicles and diluted Isopure, so I'm going to enjoy that while I can! :biggrin2:

Continued good luck to those who've gone before and those who are up next! I'm planning on this being one of the best decisions I ever made.

Cheers,

Lisa

Good to hear all went well with you Lisa b. I to have been getting up at 4-5am when the pain med wears off. I am looking forward to when I am able to sleep back in my bed. It is hard enough getting out of my chair in the livingroom, cant imagine the pain to try and sit up or get out of bed. I still have a tender throute, and some of the gas in me. Chest is still somewhat tight and imagine will need the pain meds for couple more days. all i want to eat is popsicles for my throute, but forcing myself to drink a shake, that will take me a hour at least to finish.

i am finding it hard to get all my meds in, with having to stager them threw the day and being tired from the pain meds.

One of the things that helped me, Flem, and may work for you too - I slept in my regular bed last night, which has a heated mattress pad. The pain of the incisions/muscles was so bad and it wasn't time for drugs yet, that I turned on the mattress pad and was able to lay on my stomach. The gentle heat seemed to help. This morning I got up and put on one of those TheraPad heat pads. I have a lot for my back, so I just flipped it around and I'm finding the warmth is helping. It's not too hot, which I'm not sure would be good for the incisions, anyway, but keeping my middle a bit warm is comforting.

Then again, so is the oxycodone. :)

I'm sleeping in my chair and half with ottoMan and lots of pillows. Have a heating pad on my back and an ice pack on my stomach. They do seem to help. The heating pad is helping with cramps as well as the gas. Hardest part is getting up and sitting down. I don't think I could lift myself up in bed and am here alone. At least it looks like it will be a cooler day here in puyallup.

Hello all! Im so excited to be here! I was banded on Monday the 4th. Im still pretty sore and unable to sleep in my bed, mostly the recliner. Ive been walking a lot, drinking some shakes. Overall doing pretty good.

I have been married forever to a wonderful man, I homeschool my five great kids 6yob, 10yog,13yog,17yob, and my 20 year old son is starting his 2nd year of pre med in college, YEAH!

Im a full time mom and teacher all day and work part time nights in an awesome hosptial emergency room. We have a beautiful boxer dog named Maggie, a sweet Shi Tzu named Webster, a rabbit named Ginger and two beta fish, Opal and Sparky. I was raised in the south, planted in NJ for the last 23 years, hope to go back south again some day.

This is the first week of the rest of my life and Im very excited!!!!

BTW, I cant get my weight ticker to show up, what am i doing wrong?? Also, where do I get the funky August sign??

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Hi Shelby,

I was banded August 6th, too. I am feeling miserable with the gas, bloating and incision pain. It hurts to cough or pull myself up out of bed or chairs. Hope your are feeling better than that.

Krislyn

Krislyn, I slept all day yesterday and woke up this morning feeling great. I'm itching around the port bandage and sore when I get up or down but other than that I'm great. I tried to post yesterday and could not keep my eyes open long enough to read anthing. I have been trying to walk as often as possible and I think that is helping with the gas. The swelling in my belly has gone down today too. I think that has helped with feeling better. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep us posted.

yeah being tired is the worst right now. i'm trying to get all my walking and breathing exercises in but i'm so wiped out! glad to hear you guys are doing good too. i'm on shakes for a week until i see the doctor. then i hope to move on to something that tastes different. there's only so much chocolate and vanilla one person can drink. take care everyone!!

yeah being tired is the worst right now. i'm trying to get all my walking and breathing exercises in but i'm so wiped out! glad to hear you guys are doing good too. i'm on shakes for a week until i see the doctor. then i hope to move on to something that tastes different. there's only so much chocolate and vanilla one person can drink. take care everyone!!

I am sooooo there with you on the shake thing! surgery was monday and im just getting them down a bit now. i was told im allowed to have V8 juice, yougert, skim plus milk as well as shakes so that will add some flavor once i get that in the house.

Don't suffer with a lack of variety by sticking to just chocolate and vanilla shakes. The New Whey Bullets are fantastic dumped into Crystal Light. Just make sure that you pour in only half if you get a 42 g because your body cannot absorb that much Protein at once.

Hey Shelby,

Glad your are feeling better so soon-it gives me hope! I have a little more energy, but feeling very sore around the port. I also have this pain (like a birp) that flows up from my stomach, but I dont actually birp. Wonder what that is? Well, I am on shakes and Water today, with some SF Jello for my meds. I guess I can also have Crystal light, SF popsicles, and SF sorbet. It sounds like there is variation in what is allowed the first week and thereafter. Well, take care August banders! How do I get all that fancy stuff on my profile? Take care.

Krislyn

Hey Shelby,

Glad your are feeling better so soon-it gives me hope! I have a little more energy, but feeling very sore around the port. I also have this pain (like a birp) that flows up from my stomach, but I dont actually birp. Wonder what that is? Well, I am on shakes and Water today, with some SF Jello for my meds. I guess I can also have Crystal light, SF popsicles, and SF sorbet. It sounds like there is variation in what is allowed the first week and thereafter. Well, take care August banders! How do I get all that fancy stuff on my profile? Take care.

Krislyn

i want an august allstars and a ticker too but cant figure it out, actually, not feeling well enough to fiddle with it all kwim?

Can someone list me on the august band dates please?

ladies I'm 9 days out from surgery today and I have to say, that today, if not for the fact that I couldn't eat more than 1/2 cup of oatmeal, I wouldn't even know I had a band! No gas, no pain, no lack of energy. I feel great!

It will knock you about for a week, and then you'll be feeling fine. I'm even getting creative with cooking, and am making mousakka tonight. Made fish and potato cakes last night.

What I'm trying to say is, it gets better with everyday you hang in here. You're all going so so so well!

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting banded August 13th at Hospital of St. Raphael's in New Haven CT, by Dr Yood. I had my EKG, Chest X-ray, and Meeting with anesthesiologist yesterday. Today, I had my endoscopy. My throat really hurts so now I am even more afraid of being intubated. I still can't believe it is going to be next week. I have been waiting so long for this. I am excited and scared all at the same time. Any advice/tips people have would be appreciated.