Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Glad to hear everything went well Flem. And it's great your Dad is going home. I am sitting here watching the clock...tick, tick, tick. Going to take a nice long hot shower and wash my hair and shave my legs in a few minutes. Can't look like jungle girl today. Give myself a facial while I am at it. Will leave here about 10:30 so I get to the hospital abut 10:45 and check in at 11:00am.

Had to pack up my much hated CPAP machine, that sucker it heavy. I have a fancy carrying case for it. Packed my little overnight bag, with new nightgown and robe. My Grandma Brag Book with some new cute photos of my new granddaughter.

Hubby is more nervous than I am, and his recuperation from his heart surgery almost 4 weeks ago is amazing. He's driving and feeling really good. Has a long way to go but he can take care of me for a few days. LOL. Heck while I am waiting for surgery, he's going to drop me off, he's having the tires checked on the car, our dealer is just down the street from the hospital, they have been wonky since the tune up in July. He's just started driving it again this week.

Then he's back to the hospital to wait for my surgery, and then go home for a nap, and come back later in the evening when I am more awake.

Take care all.....xxxxx my fingers and toes that it all goes well. Goodbye all my favorite things, Hot fudge sundaes are my worst vice...

Pati

well i've been home almost 24 hours. still not sure how i'm doing. i think i'm sleeping for a couple of hours then i have to get up and walk. i had more than the band done. my doc found a hernia and fixed it, plus there was a spot or something on my liver. and to boot one of my levels was too high right after surgery, so i didn't get the normal pain meds. and lucky me...all the nurses just assumed that i was on the normal stuff so that first night it took them seven hours to finally listen to me that i was in pain and needed something. i think all of this has really slowed down my bounce back time. but i'm trying to hang in there. so glad you guys are all here! good luck to everyone who has yet to be banded! i think it's time for another trip around my house. love you all!!

good luck today shamrockgirl. you will do great! let me know how you are feeling when you get home.

the tvgeneral: hope you start feeling better soon.

I never believed it when everyone said your not hungry after surgery, but so far it is true for me. I have had to make myself drink some broth with Protein in it. the only thing i seem to want is popsicles and not because im hungry but because my throute is soar. I do have to take my percoset every 3-4 hours today so far to help, but feel better sitting strainght up or walking.

i hear ya. i'm not hungry either. but i'm making myself drink. and yeah my throat is really sore too. better days to come! good luck to everyone!!!!:)

4 days since surgery and i'm not hungry either. i have felt pretty good until today and this bad pain between my breast ( breast bone ) hurts so bad. Also...running low grade fever last night and this evening. I'm confused on how much shakes to drink at once...4 oz? This pain I'm having, some gal told me it could be that my band it telling me to take it easy. I just sip very little and take time between sips. All day I have had little bit of Tomato Soup diluted with Water, small almount of slim fast low carb and applesause mixed with apple juice. I'm not doing well with my Protein. I have the whey protein bullets, tomorrow i will mix them with my crystal light. Anyone else have this pain. I have no belching or hickups. just pain

PJ~ I haven't had the pain you are talking about. Started with Protein today. And it really is very filling, I have not been hungry at all - yet! I tried to have some chicken broth (unjury) for dinner and could only get about half way through it. This is the first time since surgery I have felt 'full'.

I would try taking smaller sips and giving your stomach time to empty between meals. If the pain keeps up, I would give the doc a call and see what they say.

ive just had a cup of broth w/protein powder added around 8am, carnation shake w/more Protein added at 2, just woke up from a nap and will be having something here soon for dinner. the port pain is kicking in, i slep threw the time to re take some more pain meds so waiting for that to kick in first. but glad to have some more of the gas out of me, can tell cause my chest doesnt feel so restricted.

Ok you what is funny...the first thing I said when I woke up in the recovery room was "I'm hungry!"LOL But, what I was really feeling was I think gas pains!LOL

I'm starting to feel more alive now. Yesterday I did great. Today was so much harder....the meds they were giving me cause headaches and I didn't know it, and I was pressing that med button during the night like it was going out of style! I have sure paid the price for that today! So my advise to you who get migraine's like me, take it easy on the med button!!! I know that was the cause of my problems today.

I have to say I feel so lucky that I got to be roomies with someone I meet here in our group! What a small world it it. Surgery4me, you were awesome! There was another gal from this website too fatbegone13 with us in recovery but, she wasn't roomed on our floor...Sam I did look you for on my walk!

I hope everyone who has been banded is doing well with recovery and those being banded tomorrow good luck and don't forget about the meds...they can give you a horrible headache!!!!

Edited by cutiew/booty

Pj, I'm sorry about your pain! Krtork gave you some good advise I would try that. I hope it goes away soon!! I think I would call the doctor tomorrow morning about your fever just to be on the safe side. I'm sending you happy thoughts!

Fleminld your up and kicking! Good for you!

Shamrock best of luck to you! Your going to do great!!!:)

EVERYONE....Don't forget to take your before pictures!

Edited by cutiew/booty

Cutiew~

How fun to have friends in post-op! I started to get a Migraine and could not figure out why - aha, now I know. I am pretty much off the pain meds now. I felt pretty good today. I have been outside walking each day and that really seems to help.

I started full liquids today and it is funny, I can hardly 'eat' anything. Kind of cool, I made a Protein Shake and maybe had 1/4 of it and I was done. On Monday I would have downed the whole thing in under 5 minutes!

Hope you have a quick and easy recovery!

Cutiew~

How fun to have friends in post-op! I started to get a Migraine and could not figure out why - aha, now I know. I am pretty much off the pain meds now. I felt pretty good today. I have been outside walking each day and that really seems to help.

I started full liquids today and it is funny, I can hardly 'eat' anything. Kind of cool, I made a Protein Shake and maybe had 1/4 of it and I was done. On Monday I would have downed the whole thing in under 5 minutes!

Hope you have a quick and easy recovery!

I'm having headaches bad everyday. My pain medicine is liquid hydracodone. I thought maybe the headaches was from not eating.

I started to feel the start of some hunger day 5 after the sx. My Dr told me I would on day 5-7, and he was right. He told me to move to full liquids when I started feeling a little bit of hunger.

He then told me I would start feeling hungrier by day 7-10 and to move to mushies. Again he was right! I can't eat much - maybe a 1/2 cup fo mushies at a time - but it keeps me full for hours.

He then said by the third week, I'm going to start feeling almost normal, and by the fourth week I'd be able to eat almost as much as before I was banded. THAT meant I was completely healed and it was time for a fill!

He also said pj txlady, that if I got a fever, to keep an eye on my port site for infection, and to come see him for some low grade anti-biotics. It may be nothing, but better safe than sorry!

Yay to everyone!! You're on the way!

Pjtxlady I would def tell the doc coz if you do need antibiotics, better to start them sooner than later!!

Good luck

Krtock-Do your best to get your Protein in! It's so very important!!!

PJ - That's what I'm taking now. The only side affects it has is really sleepiness, did you used to drink coffee?

Yes, I do drink coffee. They didn't tell me to give that up, only sodas. Here it is 5:37 am, been up most of night unable to sleep. Didn't know it was the hydrogodon ( sp) not taking that anymore. I think my headaches are from not eating. I weighted a few min ago, I lost 4 lbs since yesterday. I sipped on applesauce, Tomato Soup, and slim fast on and off yesterday. I was wondering if its ok for us to chew our daily Vitamin while I'm healing? Calling Dr. today, I have a list of questions.