Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

first fill and flipped port!

Ok so what ELSE can go wrong!?? fingers crossed this is now it! what an amazing and eye opening first four weeks!

I went for my first fill today and found that my port had flipped 180 degrees! incredible. The doctor tried three times to access it to no avail and with fluro too. I had surgery this evening to correct it. I had local anesthesia so was awake through the whole procedure. I personally love listening to the staff doing their jobs. It was uncomfortable and I did have pain at times but they kept drugging me which was great. My port has is now back where it should be and has been placed an inch and a half lower now. It was under my bra strap area. I think this is why it flipped.

Anyway, I am home again now with 3cc in my band. I ate an inch of poached salmon, an inch of vegetable tortilla and half a cup of Soup. I felt FULL!!! and completely satisfied!!.. now THIS is what the BAND IS ALL ABOUT!! HURRAH!.

I am so pleased that I can now get on with this and start to lose weight again.

My surgeon has been amazing. He booked me into my surgery immediately. I guess the added benefits of being self pay. However, I am hoping not to pay for the reposition and correction, as I complained about my port pain and positioning from day one.

Going to bed now. Tramadol is kicking in.. Stinging pain and will have to be careful again with the port. Gosh was about to start swimming this week too!! another few weeks to go again. All worth it though. I am actually very happy things have been sorted and I am back on track.

Just thought posting this might have been of some use to others!.

My infection (if anyone saw my post two weeks ago) has completely gone now too. I was admitted 2 weeks post op with a temp 102. I had liquid in my spleen area. If it happens to anyone it happens to me.

My surgeon has an incredible success rate and I am his first flipped port! He kept repeating in spanish. "Incredible' . Poor guy must feel he was given a DUD!! lol... at least I didn't hemorrage! which is my usual trick post surgery.

Kizzie

Wow what a day!!!

I am not sure how yours works, but with my surgery everything done in the 90 days following surgery is covered so not even a co-pay for the 2 week visit or the fill yesterday...

Maybe you can get lucky enough for yours to be the same way?!?!

And there is still plenty of summer to get in the pool :tongue_smilie:

Kizzie,

Glad you are doing much better. I have missed hearing from you. Get some rest and we will all be here waiting for you.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Glad to hear you are doing better. I am going in for a similar pain. I hope it's not a flipped port but if it is I hope it's taken care of soon so I can get back to my exercising and weight loss.. It's getting worse by the day..

Take care and gets lots of rest!!

Thanks you guys. Great to know you are all here.

Lots of pain today. It feels almost BURNT!!. I have stabbing pains and stinging pains!.. I also have a very nasty case of 'lady infection downstairs!!".. from the antibiotics so in a pretty bad way!!..

Hey ho.. must carry on as us ladies do.. Grin and bear it!..

thanks again for your support and kind words

Kizzie

Kizzie:

Sorry to hear about all your pain! The port hurts the first time! I can't imagine having to have it done over! And an infection on top of that! Ykes!

I hope you feel better really soon! I will be thinking of you!

HUGS!!!!!