Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another food question yet again!

I have way to much time on my hands so I sit here and think I wonder if and I wonder that..

Question 1. I always did better on diets when I used their pre packaged meals, now I know that I will be on a liquid diet but afterwards and trying to get started eating right has anyone used the lean cuisine type meals.

Pre-package your own.

I cook up a bunch of one-pot meals & freeze them in 1 cup containers. You can't eat a second helping if you don't defrost one. :cursing:

Hey *Love*, that is SWEET - what a great idea! I would have never thought of that!! So simple but very effective. Thanks for the tip! Now I just have to figure out what meals to make and then freeze...:cursing:

Crockpot meals are good like beef stew, turkey soup... There are a bunch of chicken & rice or Pasta dishes you can make with lite cream campbell's Soups or salsa. You can make things with ground turkey like: chili, spagetti sauce, lasagna, sheppards pie...

I have freezer cooked for many years now but for reasons I am not sure of....I didn't think to freeze single servings. I feel so.....dorkish. Thanks Love for the great idea ( duhing myself )

I have freezer cooked for many years now but for reasons I am not sure of....I didn't think to freeze single servings. I feel so.....dorkish. Thanks Love for the great idea ( duhing myself )

One of the reasons this works so well for me is because now I don't spend a any part of the day thinking about what I am going to eat/make/buy for supper, it's done & decided as soon as I take a container out of the freezer before work in the morning.

I have about 10 different meals made up. I have 2 cup portions for my DH. Right now, he is finishing of my stash of yucky Nutri-System meals. I rarely cooked otherwise, but this way, now I am cooking for several days at a time, so I don't mind it that much. I also don't deprive myself of flavour this way.

What a great idea.

I definitely eat Lean Cuisine meals at work for lunch. The only difference now is that I can eat a portion or all of one serving and be completely full, whereas before I was hungry 5 minutes later.

Thanks for the link. I was most surprised to see that they are in the town I grew up in (my parents still live there!) It's a small world!!

Suzanne