Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am taking a Multivitamin daily. I am confused on what other Vitamins I should be taking. Are we also suppose to take calcium citrate and B12 or just one of those? I also want to confirm that I am suppose to be taking at least 60g of Protein per day, right? I am on my 6th day after being banded (7/7/08). I think this forum is great. I wish I had found it earlier. Good vibes going out to all.

Thank U:cool2:

60 g of Protein is what my doc reccomends. different docs offer differ opinions on the amount, but after reading tons of posts id say most agree to the 60 g. As for Vitamins good question i take Vi actice, or something its a lil choc chew thingy made by women for women. Id also like to know if i need to supplement.

I think what you need to supplement varies from individual to individual depending what foods you routinely eat and what exercise you do.

I take a multivitamin, an extra Iron/Folate/B12 supplement and fish oil.

Any aussies know of a liquid Vitamin and fish oil supplement, sometimes the capsules get stuck so I dont want to take them anymore.

I take the Enervite Children's burstlets - which you can buy at My Chemists, and Priceline and online too, probably in other outlets as well..They're like a capsule that you bite, and they taste quite OK, you can chew up the capsule but I spit that bit out. I just double the dose and take 4 and I also take Vitamini's - I just take 2. The iron/folate/B12 are called Iron Melts and I buy those at Priceline.

I take a multi and Calcium with Vitamin D (Caltrate plus D). I am to have 60-70G of Protein a day eating three meals with protein, then supplementing protein in between meals (protein supplements like shakes and bullets are not to be used to replace a meal.)

My doc wants me taking 2 Flinstones (or the like chewable vitamins) and 500mg of clcium 3x a day. I use the Viactiv.

For the Multi-Vitamin I take liquid Centrum once a day and tried the Viactive but had bad results. I got what felt like really, really bad heart burn. I had gurd and never experienced heart burn like that before. I went to the doctor and he put me on liquid Pepcid (talk about expensive 748.00! Thank God for insurance!!) for the pain because pills get stuck (which is why I take liquid centrum).:smile2: I was to take that for a month. I found a chewable Centrum and am going to try that. I was told that we need the Calcium supplements, of course, for dem bones!