Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FILLS MX Dr.s Vs. U.S. Dr.s

How may of you have your fills done by mexican docs and how many of you have your fills by U.S. docs?

Those who have Fills by U.S. docs- are you happy with your restriction levels? Do you feel they fill you enough each time? How many fills have you had in what time frame?

Those who have Fills by Mexico Dr.s - areyou happy with your restriction levels? Do you feel they fil lyou enough each time? How many fills have you had in what time frame?

I ask becasue I have read that U.S. Dr.s are much more conservative on fills, they like to sneak up on your restriction level, where as Mexico Dr.s like to get you to good restriction much sooner.

Personally I have had 3 fills for a total of 2.5 in 13 months and have done extremely well with my Mexico Dr. However I have nothing to compare it to since I have not used a U.S. Dr. for my fills.

I just would like to hear others feelings on this subject.

How may of you have your fills done by mexican docs and how many of you have your fills by U.S. docs?

U.S. Doctor for me

Those who have Fills by U.S. docs- are you happy with your restriction levels? Do you feel they fill you enough each time? How many fills have you had in what time frame?

I have had 5 fills in 6 months I have never had too much restriction, so I am not sure if I am happy with it or not. I enjoy being able to eat what I want to without any problems.

Those who have Fills by Mexico Dr.s - areyou happy with your restriction levels? Do you feel they fil lyou enough each time? How many fills have you had in what time frame?

I ask becasue I have read that U.S. Dr.s are much more conservative on fills, they like to sneak up on your restriction level, where as Mexico Dr.s like to get you to good restriction much sooner.

My first fill was 1.5cc and each time after was .25cc

Personally I have had 3 fills in 13 months and have done extremely well with my Mexico Dr. However I have nothing to compare it to since I have not used a U.S. Dr. for my fills.

MIchelle how much fill do you have in those 3 fills? I am at 2.50cc

I just would like to hear others feelings on this subject.

What kind of band do y'all have? Mine is a Vanguard and from what I understand is a little bigger. I've had 2 fill so far and still don't feel any major restriction. I'm unsure of my fill level because I didn't write it down when my doc told me...but I want to say that I'm at about 5 cc? I think he told me that it holds 8???

Like I said, I'm not sure of ANY of those numbers. The good thing is that I'm going to leave it up to him to keep up with it! ;)

He was surprised that I don't feel more than I do at this level though.

US doc for me. I won't let a MX doc ever touch me again.

I did not have my first fill till I was three months into this process. You can look at my signature and see what my fills were like.

My US doc is very conservative and works with ME to determine if a fill is needed. Simply getting a fill to have more restriction without looking at what you are eating is not a good approach. You can get more restriction and still not eat right and still not lose weight.

Fills and diet still go hand in hand. I have not had a fill now in quite awhile and most likely won't get another one. I am at 2.2cc and very happy there. I still gain if I eat the wrong foods. I can easily lose weight at this fill if I eat properly.

So looking at the way a US vs MX doc performs fills is only part of the puzzle to obtain success on this journey.

HUGS

I'll take MX (Dr. Martinez) any day. When I get them here they're too conservative. Looking forward to seeing Dr. M. when I take my daughter to get banded on thurs.

I went to MX for my first fill and they filled me to 2.8cc. I thought that was alot because I always see folks on here getting 1cc or so. It's been VERY difficult to eat, but I can still eat if I take very small bites and chew, chew, chew. I lost 5 pounds this week alone but I think that is only because I'm still trying to get used to the restriction and I become frustrated with how long it takes before I can swallow.

I had my first PB episode two days ago (I was being careless) and now I'm scared so I'm eating very slowly.

MX doc, 2 fills in the almost 11 months I've been banded. The first one was 6 weeks out and was 2cc's. The second one was 4 months out, took me to 2.6cc's and I've been fine since.

:)

I feel like a port & fill expert after having so many complications and 2 port removals. I personally crave the tight, sudden feeling of a good Mexican fill, but after everything I've learned, the "sneak up" approach is the safer, healthier method. I've seen too many "too-tightly filled" bandsters have to rush back for unfills after horrible PB episodes, not being able to swallow, choking, reflux, etc. That doesn't seem to happen as much as when a US doc gives a conservative, small fill. I guess if I had the time & money (and local doc) I'd prefer a big fill because then I could rush back for corrections without worrying about taking off work to get unfilled. I think a lot of this depends on convenience, too.

I have only had one fill- 2.6 and a tweak. I returned to Mexico for my check up and got ti then. It is still working perfect and I ain't messing with it!!!!! I didn't feel it was too much however occasionally I get a day (somehow related to moon position, the planet saturn's postion and how Pujols is hitting) where I can't eat much. But that is usually few and far between- about 1 a month. 5 or 6 days a month (corresponding to cycle- I can NOT eat befor noon - but other than that- I am fine for all other meals those days!

I prefer the fill with floro scope and have them watch it go through and see how quick the pouch empties. It makes brain sense to me and if they have been doing it longenough they will have an idea of how to do for your best benefit.

U.S. Doctor.

My first fill was 2 cc. and I don't have much I restriction. I have an appointment to have my second fill later this week. So I am looking forward to some restriction and weight loss.