Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Smokey NorCal!

Hi I am new to the Lap Band forum talk. My appointment is for early next month. I have read through a few forums and must admit I am not doing mine in the US. I have had weight issues my entire life and in the US I can't get insurance to cover it because I am not quite high enough. Which I think is just ridiculous. Plus, there was a long list of other doctors that had to get involved and it just seemed like a bit much. I think the American health care system is a little off when it takes no effort at all for things like breast enhancing, botox, or lypo but when it comes to something to actually improve entire health and well being it is hard as heck.

Sorry that was me venting. I am really excited I think this will be a great new change for me. :)

Thanks!

I wish you all the luck in the world...i don't understand what you mean you are not high enough?? Are you talking about your weight or your bmi??

Welcome! It's been pretty bad hasn't it? The smoke, I mean!

What insurance were you going to go through? I don't think it's a problem going out of country for surgery as long as you do your research. There are some really good threads on how to pick surgeons in Mexico and what to look for. Just do a search to find them.

Best wishes on your journey!!

The smoke has been awful! I am hoping that by the end of the month they will have it licked. I am forced to keep my pup indoors more than I would normally because I don't want her getting sick. The only neat thing about it is seeing all the fire trucks here from ALL over the state. CALFire is working their tails off for this and my heart goes out to them.

Yeah I have been researching for over a year and it is time. I was with Delta insurance but just switched jobs so I am square 0 again with my new one.

I love how there are threads like these for support networks and whatnot.

Cheers!

Cheriene

Are you north of Sac then? Must be close to Paradise if you're seeing lots of engines. You don't have to be specific.

Looks like they're finally getting a handle on the Big Sur fire. Things have gotten quiet with that one. Our area is sending out another strike team today. I think they're headed up to Concow. Not sure though, Dh didn't know, or at least hadn't heard yet where they were headed.

Insurance can be a pain in the butt. Nice when you need it though. We've gone lots of times with no insurance. Now that we have a DD it's nice to not have to worry about it.

I love this site. I'm addicted. It's pitiful but I've learned so much from being here. It's helped a lot in my journey.

Later!

Yep right next to Paradise...about 20 of our employees live up there and a few of them had to be evacuated...some twice! :) None of them lost property that I know of. However, one employees brother lost ALL THREE of his houses at Concow. :thumbup: It makes me sad just thinking of it.

There is no doubt about it the firefighters are truly earning their pay this summer.

There seems to be a lot of good advice and good hearts on this site so it is easy to come back to :lol: