Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, having emotional hunger right now. It's past suppertime, and right now, I feel absolutely no 'physical' hunger. I KNOW that I am satisfied, however, I feel like I need to eat! I KNOW it's an emotional thing....How do you get past this emotional hunger??:cool:

can u go take a walk? or read a book or surf the web i dont recommend tv since every other commercial is a food commercial but u need to focus on something else if u can call a friend that helps or a family member i know u prob heard all this b4 but it does help and remember if u do eat w/o really being hungry u can get sick so its not worth it youll b ok if u concentrate on something else:thumbup:

i chew ice. or i put ice in the blender with a splash of milk and some fresh fruit. it's fast and there's not really an extra calorie intake.

Evenings are my hard time as well. I spent a lot of time last night in bed trying to think of things I can do. My psychologist says when this happens that you need to change what you are doing. Not going from reading to crocheting like I tend to do, but CHANGE, like get up and go somewhere, or call someone. I'm supposed to have a chart, but never made one. Sometimes on weekends I take on a cleaning project. A spring cleaning type thing for one room, top to bottom. It is moving around it takes up time, and at then end of the day I've accomplished something. I don't usually do it in the evening, though, and I'm with you on having emotional problems in the evening. In my case, I believe I'm lonely. I'm going to work on some ideas for what I can do for activities--I'm a crafty person, and work most often for charities so I try and tell myself that it's OK to sit and work when it's for charity. Time to be as good to myself as others, though, and figure out where I can go, who I can talk to, what I can join, something! I'm OK all day because I have a job with lots of people around, lots of phone calls, very busy talking to others. I might think "Oh, I think I'm hungry" and then I get busy and forget about it. Not at night, though. I even thought maybe I should work second shift. Not an option now, but in the future. Maybe I should volunteer somewhere, take some classes. I have a 13 year old, and once he's driving and working I'll have more freedom to be gone every evening if I want.

One thing I am doing is taking on a new foster dog. This takes a lot of time and energy-even in the evening-to housetrain them, work on socialization, and so forth. We already have 4 dogs, and I don't need another dog, but I DO need a project that demands my time. I always end up out in the yard more working with the dog instead of sitting on the couch or at my craft table. It's an unusual idea, but I'll throw it out there in case anyone else is a dog person.