Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded April 29 and just regained my appetite

OK, I hope someone can help me with this one....I was banded on April 29. Everything has gone great. At first I had no appetite at all. I had to force down Water. My doctor put me on mushies Friday of last week and that was great....but still not hungry. Then Monday came along and ever since then, I'm hungry! I eat my small little portions, three times a day cause I read somewhere that's what we shold do but I'm so hungry still! I'm craving meat big time, too. I get my first fill on June 2. So, my question is...is it normal to be hungry before my first fill or is it just me?

Don't worry you are totally normal! :)

Once the swelling goes down, you are wide open, just as if you didn't have your band. If you are hungry, eat more! This is a time for healing.

i was banded on april 21 and have been starving for the last 2 weeks... i went to my doc yesterday and he said the same thing... the swelling has gone down and the band is now loose.. i am getting my first fill on may 23 and i cant wait.. i just hope it works... i feel like i have been dieting for the past couple weeks which really stinksw because i could have done that without the band!!!

I know exactly what you are talking about I can eat anything!!!! The dietician I go to thinks I should be losing weight like crazy and I haven't even had a fill yet. I've lost about 21 lbs and I did't think that was too bad. I go for a fill May 24 so how are you doing on your weight loss? Keep me posted about your fill.

I was banded April 21st. I returned to work May 11th. The last week has been tough. I too am hungry. But, I think some of my hunger is mental because of work stress.

I called to make an appointment for my 1st fill and the nurse tried to encourage me to wait a little bit. She told me to make sure I don't drink 1 hr before or after meals. Especially after, because it just washes the food right through and you become hungry faster. She also told me to work on my thinking. Are you really hungry or is it mental hunger?

Since that day, I have really put that conversation to good use. I was drinking too close to meals (especially after). And I think sometime my hunger is really mental.

I won't be able to get a fill until July (because of a vacation I will be taking), but I am sure that if I can control my brain and use this band as a tool, I will be able to make it until then.

Guest j. lynn

What I would do is this: eat the good bandster portion (2-3 ounces of Protein and 1/4-1/2 cup of veggies), but instead of eating 3 meals a day, do it 5 times -- or whatever it takes for you to not feel hungry.

This will allow you to get used to eating the right portions, but also keep you from getting hungry as often.

If you are allowed to eat solids, make sure most of the foods you eat are solids. That will help too.

jayme

I know exactly what you are talking about I can eat anything!!!! The dietician I go to thinks I should be losing weight like crazy and I haven't even had a fill yet. I've lost about 21 lbs and I did't think that was too bad. I go for a fill May 24 so how are you doing on your weight loss? Keep me posted about your fill.

hey sue,

i am down 19 pounds and i am starving! it is really a struggle every day.. i cant wait to get a fill.. i hope it works...i ate a whole califoenia roll and a whole tuna avacado roll tonight for dinner. how much do you have to lose?? my doctor is very happy with my weight loss i cant imagine them wanting you to lose more..21 pounds in less than 4 weeks is great!!! i wouldnt listen to them i think you are doing just fine..keep me posted too.

Hey Becky,

Something that works to satisfy my hunger and is a great source of Protein is to eat 2 teaspoons of creamy Peanut Butter. It is so good. Eat it very slowly and you will be amazed at how your hunger pains are curbed. Good Luck!

I eat a zone bar really slow, because I have to lol, it really fills me up. When I feel like I have to have something right then and there, I grab a piece of the viactiv Vitamin or the one for Calcium. Of course, you're only suppose to have a couple of the calcium one a day. Sure takes care of that desire for something sweet and it's healthy.