Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandiversary Ideas?

It's been a while since I poked around here or posted, but my one year bandiversary is coming up next month (luckily a Saturday, as it turns out) and I'm having mixed feelings about either celebrating with some friends at the beach or just quietly tooting my own horn with a toast, etc...

Have any of you marked the day specially with the people you know and love, and if so what did you do?

I'm not at goal yet, and obviously don't want it to come off as a bragging thing, but I feel like this positive decision for my health should be celebrated. What do you think?

I'd say go buy yourself a gorgeous bathing suit, invite your friends, head to the beach AND! pop open that bottle of bubbly! You should ABSOLUTELY Celebrate losing 60+ pounds! Thinking about what you've accomplished over the last 12 months will totally get you pumped for what you're going to accomplish over the next 12 months. Set new goals, reinvent yourself, visualize your new body and new life. Share it with the friends that have helped you so far and will continue to be there during this journey.

CONGRATULATIONS! you deserve it!

Thanks Sizzling, that's great encouragement!!! I'm still mulling my options, but definitely motivated for the course ahead.

Congratulations!!! Any tips for those of us contemplating the second six months of the first year?

Personally, I think I will get a manicure/pedicure and go shopping for a new outfit . . . maybe even change up my hair a little at the salon. The beach option sounds great too. Perhaps you can do both :0)

Thanks Heather! Congrats on your loss so far too!

I think an outfit is definitely in order, and I love the idea of a slight hair changeup at the salon coupled with a mani-pedi. Highlights maybe? Kind of your own TLC makeover, right!?

I remember marking the 6 month point with some new shoes, because I had already spent so much on in-between sizes. I absolutely think you should Celebrate too!

I would do something that you wished you could do before, but couldn't because you were ashamed or limited by your size. For me this would be to go dancing, go on a rollercoaster, wear a bathing suit, etc.

Congratulations on your success so far! Celebration is definitely deserved!

Do whatever makes you feel good. If you want to get out with friends in a bathing suit and you know it will be a positive experience then I say go for it... 60 lbs is no small feat! I'm one who finds any excuse to party or have a gathering of friends. :biggrin: Everyone above have given you some good advice. Spend the day pampering yourself, buy a new outfit and then meet up with your friends, either that night or the next day. Are you friends supportive? If so, go for it!