Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I posted last. I lost my job in Nov and with it my ins. I had just gotten my surgery dae of Jan 23. My bosses didn't want to let me go on leave for the surgery because I had just been on leave for a hysterectomy and let me go :angry:. I got depressed and rebelled against the system. I gained back all of the pre-op weight and then some. I am up to 292. My highest before this was 283. I am ready to get back on the horse and try to get my weight down, My husbands benifits kick in in 6mo. I want to be ready for surgery as soon as the ins is ready to go. I will need some words of encouragement if you don't mind. I know I can do it I just need to feel the love :blink:. Thank you all for the help you have given me in the past and look forward to hearing from you all again.

Thank you.

Robin

Welcome back Robin~~~ Sounds like you are ready to get going again! You have the next 6 months to begin a walking program, and to try to learn to eat like a bandster so you will be all set when insurance kicks in!!!

Hang out, and get all the support you can--lots of people are here for awhile before surgery takes place---best place in the world to learn!!!

Kat

Thank you so much for a quick reply. I am back on the 1200 cal meal plan and moving as much as I can. I have very bad knees and degenerative disc desease in my lower back so movement is painful. I know I need to move so I walk with my friend upstairs for about 10 min. That is all I can do now. I live in Northern Ca so the smoke in the air is B-A-D. Hopefully the fires will be out soon and air quality will get better.

Good for you!!! Anything you do will be a benefit! While you are sitting, use a can of food in each hand and hold your arms out straight and do small circles. This is one of the chair exercises they had my MIL do, preparing her for knee replacement surgery--just any movement because it raises the heartrate! They also had her do leg lifts while lying in bed. And encouraged her to really pump her arms when she did walk just to bring the heart rate up.

It ALL helps!!! They said the impact of losing 5% of your body weight is enormous!!! And would make her knees feel so much better as she waited for her surgery.

We had a fire in our back lot 2 nights ago, it was sooooo scary! It was close to our house. I still feel the effects on my lungs, and my muscles from shoveling dirt trying to save some of our things!

Kat

I will try that, thank you. I have a Gymball and sit on that and "rotate" as they have me do to loosen up my back. It really hurts. I hate being fat and not able to move. I even sent an application to TLC's Big Mdcine to see if they could help. No news from them yet.

I am sorry to hear about the fire, it is bad out here. The air is so thick.