Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cinci East (Eastgate, Beechmont, Milford, etc..)

I have lost 21 pounds since the 10 pre surgery diet from 238 to 217.

I have the required 60 grams of Protein ,so are you all saying I need to ingest more than that?

**Not at all. You didn't mention your meal plan or Protein intake previously (at least that I had noticed). You just said you didn't have a good dietician, and that she said to not listen to her??? So I was just offering up what information has stuck in my mind the most. I'm only a couple weeks in and still trying to figure out my meal plans, so I guess I don't really have any "good" information for you, or any meal plans - sorry. Maybe you can look for some other threads that focus on meal plans? I'm sure they have some on this site somewhere! :smile2:

I have kerlakian and Maria too. Doctor K is great but Maria is a little scatter brained. You should injest 65 to 85 grams of Protein a day. You will loose your hair if you do not. This is not negotiable!! Try to keep it on the high side. You can be on reqular food at this point. I am almost a year out and I can not eat meat, bread or rice at all. It has been a challenge. I do not want any fluids taken out because I am doing good on the weight loss. over 70 pounds. i have 3 cc in a 4cc band. pm me if you need someone to talk to.

Christine

I have lost 21 pounds since the 10 pre surgery diet from 238 to 217.

I have the required 60 grams of Protein ,so are you all saying I need to ingest more than that?

Usually I have a packet of wt. control oatmeal with 1/3 cup soy milk for Breakfast, a protein shake of 13 grams about 2 hours later and 2 oz of lean deli meat ( ham , turkey , roast beef ) with 2 crackers and 1/3 cup fresh fruit for lunch and then tuna salad of 2 oz with 1 tsp lite mayo and 1/2 piece ww toast. then Protein Shake for bed time snack. I get about 60 oz of Water This is all I know for soft diet .

I get first fill Mon Aug 25 .

I think I can safely go to regular food at this point but don't know for certain . As I said the dietition is no help from Group health at Clifton office ( Kerlakian's office )Where else can I get decent info on meal plans???

I am glad everyone is doing well. I have trouble with port site too but keep moving insite of that ripping my innards out feeling:lol:

Hi,

I had my fill Mon Aug. 25 had to have half removed right away.

I saw a new dietitian at Jewish Hospital Weight Management She was so good! I recommend her highly-only 25 dollars for 40 min visit.

I am at 213 form 238.5 So I feel I am on the right track now.

If Christie is out there I would like to talk to her again-maybe meet at the mall for a walk and a chat.

Thanks Georgia Hey maybe we can all meet at Borders near Eastgate Kroger once a month -just a thought

Meeting once a month would be great. I have driven to Columbus for there support group once. Those women are wonderful but it is hard to get there. Just let me know when and I would be happy to have someone to talk with. Thursday is my one year bandiversary

Christine

Hi I am free any evening except Tuesday .I go to a painting class ( tole painting) Tuesdays 5-10 pm. Is Borders okay? Phone me 513 -753-7630

Georgia

Dear Belle's mommy , Sorry I have been out of the lop for a while . Thursday is great I can meet at 5 any Thursday in February I have to some other stuff in March .

I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you . So the first Thursday okay with you at 5 pm at border's cafe ??

See you then grsha( Georgia)

What time? Say 5:00? I will have a cute little 10 year old with me who will be in heaven to go read while we talk. I have brown curly hair and wear glasses and I am poisitive I too will have a large coffee in my hand, meet you in the cafe. Christine

Hi Yes 5 is very good see you then I have a granddaughter who is 7 and I am a retired teacher so I love kids

Georgia

Hi all am from the beechmont area and am having my surgery on March 24th. Am glad to have these cites, they are very inspirational. Am starting my Protein pre-op shakes Monday, am excited but still a little nervous

Hello,

Be certain to get all medical info before hand especially if you are on meds I had great trouble with blood pressure meds and was not able to drive to get medical help so clarify what to do in different scenarios. Also I was on byetta but it can be a killer if you have lapband surgery. I had to read that in the newspaper. So get your list of meds, ask very specific questions of pyscicains treating that problem as Dr. Kerlakian is just a surgeon.

Grsha46