Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can anybody answer my question pls

Don't worry so much......just about everyone cheats whether they want to admit it or not. Some people do not have to be on a 14 day liquid diet, some are only the night before, so don't worry as long as you are aware that you did it and are trying not to do it again.

Find someone you can call when you get the urge to help talk you out of it and into eating or drinking something healthier. I know.....easier said that done. But don't be so hard on yourself,.......after all that is why we are all here.

Hang in there.

Vickie

Choopie,

You are doing ok sweetie and will be fine. If eating Ramen noodles is the worst thing you did; I say you're doing pretty good as compared to some of the posts of others I have read in similar threads. I am not saying just cheat and blow it all to heck, but relax and try to do better. Besides shrinking your liver pre-op, the diet also teaches you how to handle your diet after your surgery.

Everything is a learning process and we all do make mistakes along the way in some form or fashion. I have not come across one person that has followed everything to the T. If we were able to follow Dr.'s orders all the time without a slip up, I doubt any of us would be fat in the first place or have to take medications for obesity related problems. The world would be a happy place and the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business. I know I am being overdramactic, but telling the truth in my opinion anyway, LOL!!

My surgery kept having to be rescheuled due to things that were going on in my life so I never got a handle on keeping up with the diet anyway. I actually ate up until two days before surgery, then went on a liquid fast. When I woke up the morning for surgery, I had lost 10lbs. Everything went fine and there were no complications at all. Some of the other people I have met on here never had to do a pre-op diet and were only on liquids the night before surgery, then nothing after midnight.

Good luck to you and I pray all goes well.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

i think you are doing great too. i cheated a little, i had a salad on my birthday which was a few days before my surgery.

try not to stress, the stress will be more harmful than the noodles!!

all the best with your surgery, let us know how you get on.

it is a tough road to travel, but totally worth it!! i would do it all again if i had to. i feel amazing!!

*hugs*

No, you're ok. Even my doctor said he knows that sometimes you just want food. He did tell me if I stray from the diet, to keep it healthy. Ramen Noodles have little fat, but lots of sodium so I'd choose something else. I actually ate healthy choice often, and my liver was perfect for surgery. The doctor said the surgery was really fast, and went really well! You'll be ok!

You are so ok. you have not sabotaged yourself at all. Try to be gentle with yourself. Lets face it... none of us have perfect eating habbits or we wouldnt be here, right? I think you are doing great if you went 14 days without a slip. You will be a very successful Lap Band Patient. When I would slip up Id pay attention to how that food made me feel physically.... usually tired and sluggish. Thinking about it that way made it easier for me to stay on track.

im on the 14 day liquid diet and my surgery is scheduled for the 14th of july i did really well on the diet except for today i ate 2 packages of ramen noodles do u think i sabatoged my surgery im really nervous and i feel really really guilty any advice pls!!!!:blink:

WoW!! thanks 4 the support all the comments were very helpful its definetly grt to hear all the sides i spoke 2 my dr and he said i should be fine but to be very careful from now 2 monday ive lost 12lbs so far so he said my liver should be fine but there really is no way of knowing till the surgery anyway i will keep u posted!!! thanks again!!!!!

Choopie,

Glad to hear your Doc said you were fine too. Keep up the good work and let us know how it all turns out.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

well not all docs require all this preop diet .Mine did not and I did just fine

with my liver not shrunk,so I feel fine in saying its not a big deal at all.

Don't worry about it. You are getting the band because you've shown you are not able to successfully diet, right?

So, it comes as no surprise to doctors to hear a patient didn't follow the pre-op diet.

Just KNOW you could show up for surgery and your doctor turn you away....but that's if you eat something like the day of or day before....just don't cheat anymore.

But let your doctor know.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Wow! You got some emotional responses. It is true that each surgeon has a different set of rules. I was allowed to eat whatever I wanted the day before surgery. I did too. Went out to pizza the night before. I didn't have anything after 8 pm....12 hour fast. My surgery was smooth, and I'm healing quickly. (Incisions are just little red marks now).

It wouldn't hurt to let your surgeon know about this. No point lying to the person who has your health in his hands! But relax. Stress will do you more harm than ramen!