Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Surgery Date!

Congrats! You are a day before me. I get mine on the 30th. We will be able to talk about our experiences together. Good Luck!

Angie

Hi All!

I just got word that my date is June 14th. I should have had been 6 weeks ago, but they cancelled me until I got clearance from hemaotology now have the all clear and a date for 1 week from today! YEAHHHHHH!!!!

I know no one can see me but I'm doing the happy dance :-)

Hi,

I'm all set for June 28th. I had to reschedule jury duty but no problem postponing it. I'm hoping my daughter who was in the car accident will be doing better by the end of the month. She requires quite a bit of care with those 6 pelvic fractures and I'm afraid I won't be able to help her for a few days. But I'm not going to postpone this. Good luck to all of you.

I had my band done in TJ on Tuesday. Everthing went PERFECTLY. I cannot believe how how good I feel/felt. I was SO nervous but then by the end of the day I was feeling good. Today has been great. I was discharged this am. Decided to leave Tj early and enjoy the day in San Diego. I am feeling great!!

At this point, other than the EXTREME bloaing, I am feeling just super.

I do feel weird reading this site...some of it really freaks me out. All of the horror stories. There is so much negative stuff and now that I have done it I don't want to sike myself out. Any thoughts on this?

I just now am seeing this thread- I wasn't on the computer much these past few weeks.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO WERE BANDED IN JUNE!! I PRAY THAT EVEYONE HAS OR WILL COME THROUGH WITH SHINING COLORS & SMILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kari, I'm also being banded on June 15th. My doctor only requires one day liquids before surgery. But he does require a endoscopy and pressure monitoring of the stomach before surgery which I don't see that other doctors require so I guess they all have their ups and downs.

COngratulations to all of you June bandsters! June is such a wonderful Life changing month, Weddings, graduations, moving up cermonies!

It took me 3 weeks to be back to my 100%, actually I'm at 110% of what I was. Be patient and kind to yourself. I'm 6 weeks out and got the groove going.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery and a fullfilling WL journey

Hey!

I'm being banded by Dr. Spivak, too! I have to pay for mine (insurance exclusion--don't get me started!), so I am waiting for funds to come through. My sister was banded about a month ago by Dr. Spivak (she only had to pay $700--little sisters always have it easier!) and is doing well.

She was low on the BMI, but we are both eat up with co-morbidities, so hers was a go. Me? Oh, honey, I got my BMI WAY covered, plus the co-morbidities and then some!

Just say a prayer or send good vibes that everything comes together in time for me to have the surgery and recover in time to go back to work in early August!

Nita, it sounds like we may be neighbors! Good luck with your surgery! Keep us posted!

Colleen

June 30th - I am really getting nervous, but still very excited. Can't wait for that broth on 4th of July!!! A little different than the usual July 4th weekend "liquid diet".

Hi everyone...I got banded on June 17th.....I feel ok...alittle sore still esp by the port site....I am not liking this Clear Liquids for a week and then full liquids for three weeks....is everyone going thru this?....this is hard......alot of belching but is getting less each day....

I feel your pain Carolyn, I was banded on June 15th. I have to do thin liquid for 3 weeks than go directly to solid food on the 4th week. Its not even been one week yet and today I'm ravishing hungary and I'm starting to get aggitated and snap at my husband over nothing. Hopefully we will survive this!!

SoonerGirl,

I am on the 30th too! I went today and had my interview with the hospital on what to expect and went and saw my Doctor. He doesn't require a pre-op diet at all. I start liquids after the surgery. I thought it was weird since I have heard everyone else on the liquid thing. I might do it a little bit before hand to lose a little bit of weight before surgery. Congrats to the one's that have been banded. I am happy for you and keep your prayers coming for the rest of us June Bandsters! Can't wait to be on the loosing side! :)

Angie