Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the dill, pickles?

Hey ya'll. What's up with everybody? I am trying not to be irritated and impatient :cursing:while waiting on insurance approval. How did those of you that are banded handle this stress? If you are not banded how are you dealing with the insurance game?

Pray for your girl.

Holla!

Hey April: I now know the feeling of having to wait. I have been approved by my insurance co, but the doctor now wants me to lose 20 lbs before he will set my surgery date. I was in shock after this consultation yesterday because I am really ready to proceed, but I now realize this may be the best for me, because I won't run the risk of going under the knife and then waking up with no band because my liver was too big. I'm just trying to be very philosophical about to whole thing, because I feel the doctor is doing this for my own good.

Just hang in there and you will have your approval soon. We are all here for each other and that's what matters.

Anne the Travel Lady

Hi ladies,

I'm in the same boat. My surgery was scheduled for 7/15 and I'm still waiting. I'll be doing some serious stalking tomorrow because I really don't want to have to postpone the surgery.

Edited by skinnyoneday
grammar

Hey Ladies!

I to am waiting for insurance approval. :glare:I keep logging in to Aetna's website every day to see if something is there. My surgeon will not schedule a surgery date until I get approved.:thumbs_down: It has been 11 days since my paper work was submitted. Hang in there Ladies! We will get through this.:thumbup:

WELL its an interesting one for me. I wanted to get the band on the national health service but they said my bmi was to high and it wouldn't work blah blah and offered me bypass which i dont wanna do. so im self paying...i could have the band now if i wanted by my money doesn't stretch that far at the mo, so im having to save....

would really like the band now, but im just biding time....everyday im getting closer.....cant wait!!

Hey ya'll. What's up with everybody? I am trying not to be irritated and impatient :cursing:while waiting on insurance approval. How did those of you that are banded handle this stress? If you are not banded how are you dealing with the insurance game?

Pray for your girl.

Holla!

Hey girl ,

I just got banded June 17th.. I was denied the first time for not being over weight enough so they say:cursing:... A year later got on the scale & said no they are going to approve me now :blink:... It was a lot of praying & waiting.. I guess it wasn't the right time for me ... But stay on them & it will all work outsigpic37242_1.gif.

Edited by lady77

Hi Ladies

I just got approved after a little mini emotional roller coaster ride. At first I was told i needed a 6 month diet thingy with my doctor then the hospital submitted my paperwork anyway and I was approved without it. I am scheduled to be banded at the end of the month.

Keep praying and everything will work out :)

Jusitce

:cool:

I have called my ins. co. everyday this week and they said that my info.is not showing in the computer. So today I called the ins. coordinator at the dr. office and she said that it was mailed a week ago and it may take a while for it to show as received. She is part of my frustration. She does not return e-mails and the receptionist screens her calls like I was asking to speak to Obama. :cool: So today when I finally got her on the phone I was like I know you are busy but I need some attention.

This waiting gamei is torture

I was denied 3 times before I got an approval, I just knew this surgery was for me. I visualized the end result and shortly there after received an approval by mail from insurance.

Hey Ladies~

Congratulations!! To those that have your approval ,from here on out should be smooth sailing:shades_smile:. And for those that are still fighting that gaint ( ins.co) keep praying & stay persistent.. I know before I received my approval (1 delay/denial) ..Remember, delay is not denial) I had to keep going back & forth between my doc. office & insurance because of negligence.. I called just about every other day finally, after alot of praying :) because when you see that people aren't giving thing the proper attention, it's challenging.. So, after everything that I went through to get approved it took literally 4 business days,1 doc visit and then I was set to have my surgery 1 1/2 weeks later..

sigpic37242_1.gif

June 17,2008 - Surgery

July 2, 2008 - Post op down 15 pounds

July 17, 2008- 1 month post op

Short term goal- 50 lbs Oct 17th :Banane03:

After 3 times being kicked out of the reply mode.. I hope that helps someone..

"Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you."

well as you know I'm not banded and still going through the six month supervised diet. It is killing me, but I'm trying to make the best of it... you are almost there don't stress just look at what you have to look forward too.. I'm actually surprised you have not heard anything yet after all they took you through with your pictures being pulled from the envelope.

I went to my primary care physician in late March, I think, to talk about getting the lap band. She told me she was submitting all the necessary paperwork and if I didn’t hear anything within two weeks to call. Well to make a long story longer, it turns out that 1. I got a letter from the service provider saying that my doctor’s office had not sent all the office notes. 2. I would have 45 days to make sure they got their act together. 3. A request had been submitted for gastric bypass. Not what I want. A couple of days later I got a letter saying I’d been denied.

I called my doctor’s office and spoke to the person who does authorizations and let her know in no uncertain terms that she needed to resubmit the paperwork, and for the proper procedure. (I’d done this at the suggestion of someone at the parent company, I guess you could call it.) Oh, I was also told that insurance wouldn’t pay for lap band because it was a “foreign” body. The customer service rep from my insurance company, who is wonderful, said that I shouldn’t have ben told that.

I left two messages for my doctor, and haven’t heard anything. I alternate between being frustrated, depressed, and ticked off.

Sorry this is so long. I’ve ranted in other forums, but the saga continues.

It all boils down to the fact that what's important to you is a mere after thought to other people. U know what i mean. I am like this is my life this is not a game or a joke. Well I did take the photos directly to bc bs shield today. The rep that has been monitoring this train wreck said I should know something in a couple of days. We shall see

Edited by Apple8<)

Hey Serenity55 ~

This is crazy you would think that the doc. office would be working with you:cursing:.. All I can say is stay on them.. Things will definitely work out. Who's your ins co??