Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

has anyone used Edward C. Facundus MD, FACS, COE

Alabama Surgical Associates, PC

250 Chateau Drive

Suite 105

Huntsville, AL 35801

:confused2::scared2::smile:

I havent been banded yet but Im using Dr Facundus. I am in the waiting for approval process. I just found out that my insurance is now demanding psych evals even though the policy didnt state that I would be required. I would be glad to answer what questions I can. I am planning to have the surgery hopefully by mid august.

Thanks for the reply me and my wife have a app at bariatric Wellness Institute on July 21. Whats up with the up front fees why is it not covered by ins. ?? How long have you been wating?

This is just my 2 cents, but I had my first consult with Dr. Faccundus.. I felt like they ran their office like a money warehouse. They demanded money and then didn't have the decency to even be polite to me, then rushed me out the door without even meeting him...then told me to bring another couple hundred to another meeting. I tried calling them, and for 4 days in a row it goes to voicemail and no one would call me back. I passed on them.

I live in Madison/Work in Huntsville.. it would have been a lot nicer. I did end up in the Huntsville ER at some point and the clinic called in Dr. Malipur (he is somewhere around here, I assume Huntsville) since I was banded and they wanted someone experienced with bands in case I needed an operation (they thought I had a ruptured pancreas). My experience with him was decent enough, I liked him.

Although, my band doctor is Dr. Freeman in Anniston, AL.. most personable guy I ever met, I love him to death and glad I went with him. I am always welcome, they always talk to me on the phone, none of this voicemail and never returns the call, etc. It's worth the trip down there for my follow ups.

Thanks for the reply me and my wife have a app at bariatric Wellness Institute on July 21. Whats up with the up front fees why is it not covered by ins. ?? How long have you been wating?

Exactly.. they charged me $250 to bring in the form they had me fill out at home... then sent me away. Then told me to bring $300 next week for something, then never answered their phones.

THe 1st visit is 175 i believe its for the this one test you have to do along with the first consultation. Then $175 for the inbody testing and consult with dietician, the 3rd appt is $225 its the consult with the surgeon itself. I was told that once surgery is completed that you get the surgeon consultation fee reimbursed or put towards the deductible. My husband didnt agree with having to pay upfront cause we have 2 insurances but we did. As far as Malipar I went to his seminar 2 yrs before deciding on the lap band, and he plainly states he does not do the lapband, he doesnt believe in it, doesnt recommend it, etc. He said that if he had a patient that wanted the band that he would refer them to a different surgeon cause he wouldnt do it.

With dr facundus I love the fact that I can actually understand him. He looks like you wouldnt be able to understand a word he says. But his english and accent is perfect. Sounds normal. I had to do the 6 mth diet prior to it so that insurance would cover it. I am having to do a psych eval and then should be approved and banded next month.

Moon- Maybe that's why I had never heard of Malipur before!! He must have changed his mind, when he was at the hospital when I was in the ER, he was trying to get info on how much I liked my current fill doctor, etc.. and I told him I was happy where I was. If I didn't love my Anniston doc, I'd be going to Malipur.

I too consulted Dr Facundus and yes they are money hunger a fee for everything out of pocket, they are what I call not user friendly and did not get many warm fuzzies. So I had heard a lot of good things about Dr Malipur and went to him and they were all true, he did my bypass in November 2008 and am doing great, have no regrets and he is a wonderful doctor and cares about his patients!!!