Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop The Presses!!!

This is great news! Congrats, and somebody cue Jenna's booty shaking dance!

I'm glad you chose the band, but Christina, you have to know that we would be supportive of you no matter what you chose to do.

This is wonderful news! Just wonderful!

AW-RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, girl! I wouldn't have done this without my LBT family either. It makes a huge difference.

Congratulations! I'm so proud and happy for you!

CONGRATULATIONS! You've waited long enough, I'm so happy for you. It will be here before you know it, and most importantly, rest assured, you've made a wonderful decision. You will succeed.

GOOOOOOODDDDDD FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I'm so excited for you! June is a beautiful month to start a new life. Just think as you pack away seasonal clothes , you can bury them real deep in the closet.

You are so worth the money. Hey it's half of what a new car would of been and this will last a lifetime.

Hi Christina,

I'm so glad to hear your getting your BAND SOON! Congratulations, I know how much you've been wanting it. Keep us posted on your date. Teresa

Fantastic news! Congratulations. June 3 is just days away. I think it's wonderful that you did so much research on the band that you wouldn't let your doctor persuade you to go with the RNY. (I think you made the right choice, but then I'm biased. :)) Let the countdown begin -- you're on your way to Bandland! Yippee!

I am happy for you, but sometimes I can't help but wonder, if rny isn't a better choice, because the results are so immediate, we always want a fast fix. I guess I was just hoping my weight would drop faster, I knew it wouldn't come off too fast, but I had no idea it would be this slow. My cousin just had rny last Monday and she has already lost 18 lbs, isn't that wonderful. She will be so skinny by the time I see her next month, and I will be stuck in my no weightloss plateau. What's even worse, I will have to face family members who criticised my decision to have this surgery and I guess they will throw it in my face that I haven't lost as much as Angie, man that is going to suck. Maybe I too should have had the rny??/ I would probably already weigh 100 by now, LOL

I am truly happy for you Christina. Sorry about all the venting, but who else can I vent to but all of you...

Estella - you are so close to your goal, and without changing all of your insides to do it! You can eat almost anything you want without the "dumping" that ryn goes through. By the time both of you are two years out, you will both have lost the same weight. I think you made the right decision! You day will come, "good things come to those who wait."

I am happy for you, but sometimes I can't help but wonder, if rny isn't a better choice, because the results are so immediate, we always want a fast fix. I guess I was just hoping my weight would drop faster, I knew it wouldn't come off too fast, but I had no idea it would be this slow. My cousin just had rny last Monday and she has already lost 18 lbs, isn't that wonderful. She will be so skinny by the time I see her next month, and I will be stuck in my no weightloss plateau. What's even worse, I will have to face family members who criticised my decision to have this surgery and I guess they will throw it in my face that I haven't lost as much as Angie, man that is going to suck. Maybe I too should have had the rny??/ I would probably already weigh 100 by now, LOL

I am truly happy for you Christina. Sorry about all the venting, but who else can I vent to but all of you...

**KICK IN THE BUTT!!** Estella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honey what is up?! R u having one of those days? (((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))) Sweetie, u have waited this long. Give urself a little time! How long did it take to put all that weight on? U have only been banded for less than a yr doll. Trust me u will get there. And remember u also have childeren. What a tradgity if u had the rny and ended up with dreadful complications like.........DEATH! Sweetie, I can see ur coller bones. In a few months ur gonna be a skinny bitch and Im gonna have to hate u too! j/k. WE ALL LOVE U! Honey u are more than half way there. Maybe u need a kick in the butt to get u over this plateau. Have u been eating right? Did u start walking again? Could it be time for a fill? How long have u been plateaued? Cant be too long since u have had ur band for less than a yr. That ryn surgery seriously freaks me out....like gives me the heebie jeebies. Ohhh I cant imagine letting someone rerout my intestines. **shuddering** U have us all here! If ur in a rut post mama! We will help u get over this plataeu in no time!! U can do it!

Oh Bandit, I love you so much girl. Yes, I am having one of those days, having a hard time dealing with all the idiot remarks my family members are making comparing my cousin and I. I understand what you mean, but yes I am in a rut, and yes I have been eating good, well apart from those frozen coffee drinks (seem to be addicted to them lately). I honestly think that I was not eating enough for my body to burn anything off, I had been too tight and thank God I can finally eat better. So hopefully, this rut will end. I have been bad and not been walking like I should, there is just too much going on right now, with school year end, and dance recital coming up and all the extra practices and picture schedules, its hectic, but these are just excuses as always. Thanks for the kick in the butt, I will get back to my walking and I definitely should consider starting my weight training again, it was so good for me and I was starting to see results. but as always my life gets too hectic and I always put myself on the back burner for everyone else. Well, I truly do appreciate your post and definitely need the kick in the butt, its just hard sometimes. I will stop this bitching and get onto start focusing on becoming a skinny bitch that you will be proud to hate!!!!! LOL

I guess I need to be happy that I have lost about 32 lbs and that I have maintained it off. My BMI is 28, so I guess I'm headed in the right direction. I went online today and did an Atkins diet profile and it says I need to consume 1200-1300 calories a day, does that sound right??? I probably don't consume that many, you would think I would be losing weight left and right.

This is what I usually eat in a day.

No Breakfast usually, I just drink a sweet tea

For lunch today I had a sandwich w/ ham and cheese (first time I eat bread since I was banded in November, so I truly and excited that I can eat bread again)

For dinner last night I had about 1/2 cup of black Beans, 1/2 cup of potatoes and 1/4 cup of pork steak meat.

Oh and yesterday I had a frozen coffee drink w/ white chocolate. ( I know, I shouldn't do that)

But that is what I eat in a typical day, so why aren't I losing, I don't eat enough, huh????

Any ideas on how I should modify my diet, please someone, kick me in the butt and set me straight....

Congrats Christina!! I think you are choosing a great doctor! Wink-Wink.....lol.

Its so liberating to make a decision and finally be able to work towards it with some purpose--isn't it!

Wishing you the best!

T