Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date in Tijuana set today!

Hi all - I am so excited and so ready for this!! I'm a 43 year old gal, over 240lbs with a BMI of >40. Well, I just had confirmation today that I have a surgery date of August 20th with Dr. Kuri in Tijuana Mexico! I live in Regina, SK Canada and through an exhaustive search, finally discovered this doctor, a manageable fee (forget the over ten thousand dollar + stuff...) an incredible patient facilitator, and the gorgeous state-of-the-art facility where the surgery will take place called Hospital Angeles Tijuana. Part of me is in disbelief, part of me is a bit scared, but the majority is a state of euphoria... this lifelong burden may finally be lifted by the grace of God... THANK GOODNESS! It was just getting far too heavy to carry it anymore... I'm tired of it and I just can not wait to turn my whole life in a new direction and get ON with LIVING! I found something else that is really helping too - it's called "Shrink Yourself" and it completely deals with the mental issues involved with overeating, and emotional eating... I can't recommend it enough. It, along with our lap band surgeries, are the perfect tools to let us lead to the place we've only dreamt we could go. LIFE IS GOOD!!! :thumbup:) :(

Hi SASK Patient....

My husband, my parents and I were all banded by Dr. Kuri on May 27th and May 29th this year. The only complaint we had was that the beds at the hotel were rock solid hard. Besides that, everything really went flawless. Dr. Kuri is fabulous and down to earth. If you want to know anything, I would be glad to share... I can walk you through what it will be like from the moment you arrive in San Diego (I am assuming you will fly in there) until you leave. I am so happy with my decision to be banded. Good luck to you and again, if you want any info on what it is really like when you get there and what will be happening.... no one tells you really what it is like..... then I would be glad to share!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/302/180

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

Congrats!! You will be in very good hands while you're down there ... Dr. K is awesome! Best of luck to you on your Lap Band journey!

Hi!! Thanks so much for the note! I would LOVE to hear every detail! Yes, I am flying into SanDiego with my husband on the 19th, surgery on the 20th. There is a gal in my province who had hers done by Dr. Kuri and I have spoken with her, and my facilitator is so kind and sweet and had hers done there too... but... It would be great to get someone else's story.

Thanks!!

Thanks BlooEyes - I am totally excited and ready and can't wait. CONGRATULATIONS on YOUR incredible success! How long ago were you banded??

:()

Congrats on your date. I had mine done in the states because insurance paid for it. I can see though how it would be more stressful having to travel to have the surgery.

I wish you the best of luck in you journey with the lap band and a very speedy recovery :(

hi sask- congrats to you on your date!! will you be staying through the weekend for the bash?

Hi - I was wondering if you are self pay and if so - how much it costs - I don't qualify for insurance so I am going to have to self pay. Also, any financing available?

Hi Brandy - Thanks so much! You know, I don't mind the travelling and I LOVE Mexico anyway, plus I'd go anywhere if the surgeon, facility and price was right for me and this ALL suits the bill perfectly! Kiki, my husband and I will be leaving on Saturday the 23rd so not sure if we are going to the Bash but I'm still hoping to find out all about it so we can go to the next one. And tcl - I am self pay. I completely understand your dilemma! Prices at private facilities in Canada are between $16,000-$18,000 and that is just out of the question for me. I've been quoted $7,500.00 to have the surgery with Dr. Kuri, plus my travelling expenses on top of course, which are roughly $1,300.00 for my husband and I to fly. You can visit Dr. Kuri's website at www.lapbandsurgery.com You will find it as mind blowing as I did I'm sure. GOOD LUCK!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT - I am just so touched and humbled by everyone's kindness and encouragement... This website is a true Godsend! Bless you All!!

Edited by Sask Patient

well, hope to see you next year;keep us posted on your journey!!