Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to band day!

Getting nervous, yet excited. Next week July 14th I have my surgery. We also put our home and our property on the market today...been so busy here getting ready for all the changes going on. I haven't checked in lately and I have been on a fourteen day liquid diet...going ok, well did cheat one day with one meal. Sure was good had grilled chicken meat cut up and avacado. Not to bad, but felt like I was cheating big time. Not looking forward to the clear liquid diet after the surgery, but only for five days so might not be too bad. Those sugar-free popcicles sure help a lot. I know I have some band day buddies in here. Any response? Need support folks!

I am also having my sureger july 14th. I have been on a 2 week liquid diet as well & it has been hard. I agree the icepops are a big help....I am going for my pre-op testing today.

I have finished all the preop evaluations and had all my testing. I only need to call in later today to find out the time for me to report to the OR on Monday or Banday. Getting really excited now. Just listed our home too, so have lots to do this weekend to keep me plenty busy so that I will not be too preoccupied with thinking solely about the surgery. I plan to wear a simple lounge type dress there with me to wear home. They said to plan to wear something comfortable...what do you think? Don't want anything that will be binding around my middle. What state are you from? Hope all goes well for you and that you don't have much pain at all. Don't forget to let me hear from you afterwards. Jodi

Sorry for the delsay in getting back to you...I had a hard time finding the thread. I finished today with everything... I want this to be over..I am sooo hungry. This liquid diet is killing me. I will probably wear a pair if loose fitting capris to the hospital. Did u get ur Surgery time? My is at 1p but, I am told it can change. Have you heard from many people what recovery is like? Keep me posted on all.

Hope-

Hi Sharon, I am supposed to go in to surgery at 10 am but of course like they told you, that can change. I am so anxious for this to get moving. I know we will be on a strictly liquid diet. I was so ticked on this one...first few days had nothing but liquids, then found out that I could have vegetables and salads (of course nothing except vegetables on the salads). I just use lettuce and tomatoes and a spritzer Salad Dressing on it which satisfies me just fine. I have a Protein Shake in the morning and a salad at night with a lot of crystal light and green tea during the day and evening as well as a few sugar free popcicles in the evening. Now that diet after the surgery....hmmm! Of course I may not feel like eating anything. My main problem is drinking enough fluids and exercising enough. I have a problem with one of my feet and it sure makes it difficult to exercise and I cannot go swimming until it heals. Hopefully if I get enough of this weight off, it will heal enough to allow me to be able to swim in a public pool. I haven't had the privilege to speak to anyone who has had the surgery except those on these message boards and for the most part, they don't seem to think the pain is too bad. I am not thinking about that too much, I am concerned about how I will be about eating and keeping the food down or getting it down. I detest throwing up. That is my biggest fear. We must keep in contact as much as possible ok? I have only been to one support group meeting...hospital is a few towns away and with this foot (my right foot, wouldn't you just know) it makes driving a problem. I can call you if you want. Jodi