Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delayed Restriction?

2 days ago I had my second fill of 1cc, putting me at a total of 5cc in my 8cc band. Today I have had some issues with food getting stuck and me pbing. When I couldn't eat, I decided to drink some hot tea and after doing that I was able to eat no problem, just had to remember to chew alot and of course after you've had something get stuck, believe me you remember to chew.

I go back for another 1cc fill in 4 weeks and I'm wondering if I'm getting close to what everyone calls there sweet spot?

I was glad to read your post. I had my 3rd fill on Tuesday, another 1cc, now I am up to 6cc's. Did not feel any restriction till last night. Every bite I took of my dinner got stuck and I had to throw up to get it unstuck, so after doing that twice I just stopped eating. Never felt hungry and it is already 8:00 am and I haven't had anything but coffee this morning. When I do feel like I need something I will go with a Protein Drink and slowly go back to food. Maybe I am almost at my "sweet spot" that would be nice since I haven't lost weight since the two week post op liquid diet, but good news is I haven't gained either, which is very good. I go for another fill on the 29th, maybe another 1 cc and I will be at my magic number.

Boy! Last night I had the worst experience of having something get stuck. I think it may have been my fault, as I sat down to eat and immediately took a bite of my broccoli and meatloaf and before I knew it started feeling the pressure in my chest, telling me that something was stuck.

I didn't panic, just was waiting for it to pass as I've done before, only this didn't ass and after about an hour of pbing and sliming, I started getting scared:scared2:....the food just wouldn't pass. I finally put my finger down my throat and up everything came and I had instant relief.:) I now know that if it happens again, I'm not waiting awhole hour to wait for the food to pass.

It was very painful and gross, not to mention my DH was very concerned.

I go in for another fill in 3 weeks and I'm concerned as I have had a few things get stuck since my last fill that I got last week, but have not reached that restriction that everyone talks about......I guess I need to just watch the size bites I'm taking in and slow down, as it it seems to always happen when I first sit down to eat, which kinda tells me it's me eating to quickly and taking to big of bites.

I had my second fill yesterday. She put 1cc in my 14cc band for a total of 8 1/4 cc's. I'm anticipating the "delayed restriction" again. I was on liquids after my fill yesterday afternoon (liquid shake for dinner) and liquids all day today. Then two days of soft foods.

I was the last patient of the day and she said I was the "queen" of the day. LOL Of all the patients she filled that day I was the one who'd lost the most and most consistently. What a shot in the arm!! Not literally, of course. :)

Anyway, I've lost 4 pounds since my last fill. That's 1.3 pounds per week. Not huge, but consistent and I'll take that!

The best thing is - I never feel hungry. I'm really enjoying that!

Snap, I KNOW that feeling. Small bites and chewing to mush will help (isn't that such a lovely visual??)

I also keep small cans of pineapple juice around for just that purpose. It is supposed to help digest what is stuck if you take small sips. Papaya enzyme (at GNC) also helps.

Live and learn.

Judy

My delayed reaction is usually about two weeks after a fill. No warning. Just happens. Then I'm good until my next fill is needed. Usually about 2 months. I thinks it's relatively normal, although I have no idea why.....

Man, do I feel better. I have not posted in a while but after my second fill all was pretty normal. Now for almost 2 weeks (still post 2nd fill,) I have had to be really careful or I get stuck really easily. I have waited so long because I have also been on a high power antihistamine for a skin allergy. I was thinking the drugs were affecting me, but it might just be a combination of the 2 - I need to call my doc and ask.

I have no idea what size band I have or how much I have in there. I was banded on 3/4/08 and have had 2 fills.