Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got an Op date!

I too am being banded in august but my date is 19th, I have to do Optifast, but i have decided that i will do tony ferguson, i find it a little easier, as i will have shake for Breakfast, then lunch what i do is make up the Soup, they are like cup of soup packets, and they come in all diff flavours, cream of chicken, field mushroom, and another curry one that is nice, the only one i didnt like is the pumpkin, anyway as you are allowed 2 cups of veg a day, what i do is have the soup, i make it up in the cup like a cup of soup, then i get a mix of fresh broccoli, cauli and zucchini, just enough to make it a cup quantity, then nuke it in the microwave in a a container for 3 mins, with out any Water added, so it keeps just the nutrients from the vegetables . when they are cooked to my liking, i then sprinkle them with a little spice i usually use a chilli based one, and then pour over the vegetables the hot soup that you have made up, it is actually very satisfying, and i find that if i do this for lunch and dinner i am only having the recommenede quantities, but not feeling so deprived.

That sounds great, bindi! I might go trawling my local shops for Tony Ferguson today. I did alright actually on the Optifast, that is, I managed to get all the way to bed time without snapping my DH's head off. This morning I've woken up without feeling hungry and I think that's a great step forward.

I am also below 95kgs now, which I suspect is me losing even more water!

Having done 3 versions of shake Meal Replacement diets, I know the 3 day thing! It takes a couple of days for the body to detox from all the crappy carbs we usually eat, sugar, white flour products, etc. Once they've been cleaned out of our system we actually feel much better. Often finding we are satisfied on less and feel more energised and clear-minded. I've read that these sorts of starchy carbs are actually an addiction, and I tend to believe it.

Hope the shake diet is going well. You don't only have to add coffee, you can also get coconut and pineapple essences and make it a pinacolada flavour if you like. You can add strawberry essence or mint or mint and choc! banana, rum and chocky, anything you want really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches