Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New member...just a quick hello

Hi,

I am new to the site and just wanted to say hello.

I am in the Houston, Texas area. I, like so many others, have been overweight most of my life. I diet all the time...although obviously not successfully...LOL. I am 34 yrs. old, 5'4", and 253# size 18-20. Like I said, obviously not successful with that dieting all the time.;-) I did manage to lose 80 pounds with the help of too many pills to count ( none of wich were labled, so who knows what that doctor was giving me) about four years ago taking me from 298 down to 218. As far as I know 298 was my high weight but since I avoided scales like the plauge...it is quite possible I may have been higher than that. Unfortunatly though, despite my best efforts, I couldn't seem to lose any more and have been climbing back up over the last year or two. So, now at 253, I decided it is time to get the band before I am all the way back to 300! While of course, no woman would mind looking like a super model, LOL, I will be just thrilled at anything under 170. While the weight charts may say that my ideal weight is around 125, I am almost positive that my skeleton alone weighs that much!!!;-) so I am shooting for just not having to shop at Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug Plus ever again!!!!

I have been researching the band for a long time now and reading all your posts as well as a few other boards so I decided it was time to finally register and say hi.

I went for my seminar with Dr. Spivak (in Houston) last week, had all of my required testing done and am currently waiting for my insurance approval and surgery date.

I look forward to losing with ya'll !

"Nita

Welcome Nita. Glad to have you and I see you have a great sense of humor which will help you through this journey. I hope you get your approval!

Hello! I just got banded by Dr. Spivak last Wednesday and he was wonderful! Good luck on your journey!

Hello, I am being banded May 31st!!!! Thought maybe we could use each others support. Send me an email mom2mygirlz920@yahoo.com if you'd like too!!! Or any one else there that need and wants to give some support! I need it BAD! I am starting shakes for Breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow and clear liquids! Kinda nervous!:nervous Please.....someone help!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches