Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A complication! Unlocked band.

Judy,

I found that link after a lot of googling. I think you are right. It is a very rare complication. Most of the unlocked band hits are related to intentionally unlocking a band in a revision surgery, not having one come undone (or never having it locked to begin with).

I hope it's useful.

Foofy: posted on the OH thread hoping to get more info.

Sades: At this point I am prepared but scared for almost anything to happen. Who knows what they'll find when they get in there. I suppose if the band was not around your stomachm there was no scar tissue on the stomach to worry about? Or is that not right?

Did the Dr. ever explain why your scrambled eggs got stuck?

I just hope to understand this more after Thurs's consult.

Judy

Foofy: posted on the OH thread hoping to get more info.

Sades: At this point I am prepared but scared for almost anything to happen. Who knows what they'll find when they get in there. I suppose if the band was not around your stomachm there was no scar tissue on the stomach to worry about? Or is that not right?

Did the Dr. ever explain why your scrambled eggs got stuck?

I just hope to understand this more after Thurs's consult.

Judy

I think that's the reason I went for mine asap because the longer I waited the more stressed I became.

The dr said he thought the reason things were getting stuck is because the band was sitting against the stomach so it affected things a little.

thanks Sades, That was the explanation I thought it would be on why we would get a few things stuck ( for me it's fruit) but I didn't know if what I was thinking made any sense.

I would be happy to have the surgery done sooner, but with the bridal shower and the Dr's schedule, it just wasn't possible. I might ask again when I go in Thurs. if anyone has cancelled or if other days are available.

I hate wondering about all the what if's.

thanks Sades, That was the explanation I thought it would be on why we would get a few things stuck ( for me it's fruit) but I didn't know if what I was thinking made any sense.

I would be happy to have the surgery done sooner, but with the bridal shower and the Dr's schedule, it just wasn't possible. I might ask again when I go in Thurs. if anyone has cancelled or if other days are available.

I hate wondering about all the what if's.

Of course I forgot about the wedding. What date is that again? You definitely want to be up and about for that. My dr knew it was his mistake so he let me pick any day I wanted, he said he would stay back to do it.

The wedding is Sept 27th, and the shower is July 27th. The dr. had July 22th available but I would not have felt well enough for the shower, so we went to a date after the shower. The Dr. is on vacation the week after the shower, so that brought us to Aug 5th.

At this point it seems my Dr. believes the unlocked band is not his error, so has not gone out of his way for me.

Well it wasn't your error so someone has to be accountable! We are truly at their mercy which makes it so hard to know what to do. I guess because my dr admitted his error it made it easier for me to trust that he would make sure he did it right the second time. Let's hope he doesn't prove me wrong! :cursing:

It honestly would be much easier for me, if my problem was something the Dr did wrong. I think he already thinks he is doing the best for me by going back in, but I don't believe he thinks he is at fault. Not sure I see it that way.

It would be better if he at least understod that I ended up with a short piece of the stick and that I am the one most at risk.

I still feel that is what bothers me the most, that he does not seem to understand how awful it is to have surgery again to take care of something I thought was done the first time.

I would like him to say "sorry, you got stuck with this problem and we'll do everything we can to get you through this as easily as possible".

I haven't walked in four days now. I am using the humidity (which it has been) as my excuse, but I've just lost my motivation. I think it's partly because I don't feel like I'm on the upside of the surgery now, I feel that I't be feeling mentally defeated right now, but I just do.

I'm just trying to hang on until I know more and get through this.

I'm so sorry Judy. He's probably afraid to admit anything for the fear of legal action. Even though I've come out of this op okay, my mind is still focused on the negative. What if something else goes wrong. Once I got through it the first time I felt a certain sense of security that I was going to be a success story. I don't have that now.

I think we both have that feeling of "what if I am one of the people that cannot be successful at this war with weight".

I just came back from a walk. Now that I am back home, I have to drive to the walking path. In RI, I can walk out the front door and there are many directions to go in. The walk here also has a few hills that bother my knee and it's shorter at about 3.25 to 3.5 miles, but I did it! And it IS hot and muggy!

I don;t know if I'll walk tomorrow as I have an appt in the a.m and I prefer to walk in the a.m. (especially since I did it today in the afternoon and it's much steamier) so I knew I better get out there.

At least that's one positive thing.

I hope in the end we are both just fine with working bands, seems we worry if we had one problem it will lead to another, which sometimes happens. Let's hope it doesn't. It'd be a big $18,000 mistake for me if it doesn't work out. :cursing:

Glad to hear you're back to your walking. It's so easy to get demotivated. Of course I need to wait a while longer before I can do that again. I hope you get some answers on Thursday.

At least mine was done at his cost this time around. Is yours guaranteed?

I'm not sure about a guarantee. He says he'll bill my ins for a lap exploratory, but I have a $1000 deductible. This is one of the things on my list to discuss, Thurs.

How are you feeling?

Judy

I hope everything goes o.k.. I am so sorry that this has happened.

I too am having a problem losing and do need to ask the doctor why. I went to see him last week and he did not want to give me a fill and says I should have lost 50 lbs. I had surgery in Dec. and still feel hungry. I have had 3 fills and still feel hungry. Marilyn

I hope everything goes o.k.. I am so sorry that this has happened.

I too am having a problem losing and do need to ask the doctor why. I went to see him last week and he did not want to give me a fill and says I should have lost 50 lbs. I had surgery in Dec. and still feel hungry. I have had 3 fills and still feel hungry. Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn, It's not just hunger that's a sign, I also had little restriction ( only have a problem with fruit) and that is with 9 cc's in a 10 cc band.

How much fill do you have and what size is your band? Do you have any restriction?

I'm not sure about a guarantee. He says he'll bill my ins for a lap exploratory, but I have a $1000 deductible. This is one of the things on my list to discuss, Thurs.

How are you feeling?

Judy

I'm feeling pretty good, the pain is going bit by bit. I can move around again. Still sore around the middle but hopefully another fews days should help that. I'm wanting food more than I did last time at this stage. Of course I'm sticking with the plan but it's funny noticing the difference.

I hope your dr answers your questions to your satisfaction.