Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I think im eating to much

Okay so i was banded 10 days ago, and am still on liquids. Well now im on Full liquids, im worried though because i can drink alot of liquid, i can usually eat a small can of cambells cream of chicken Soup, well blended with milk. ummm i don't feel "full" well i mean after ive eaten it lol, i know ive had enough. im not sure if thats okay though. Thru the day i don't eat much usually a yogurt in the morning, can of soup for lunch, can of soup for dinner. But im worried i might eating to much and hurting my band, any thoughts are appreciated. ohh i feel great, no pain, stitiches get removed tomorrow, but still worried LOL..Thanks:thumbup:

Not sure, but you sound good to me. Of course I haven't been band yet, so what do I know. LOL I am also an Army wife, where are ya'll stationed? We are stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. Hoping to have my surgery at the end of August, first of Sept..

Hi there,

I was banded 13 days ago and also on liquids but feel like I can eat more. I was very hungry on Saturday and had a few crackers, I chewed them very well and it helped. I know that's a no no but I was so hungry. I'm basically having the same as you are Soup and yogourt. Tomorrow is when I can start having other things like cottage cheese, soft fruit and soft veggies. Maybe that will be better. I will also be seing the doctor tomorrow to get the staples out, can't wait for that. They are so irritating.

The first week or so right after, I was totally fine with all liquids, some full, mostly clear. But after about a week I was suddenly so hungry that I thought I would go nuts. At this point I added some cottage cheese and egg salad. I stayed away from the solids mainly because the thought of puking and upsetting the new Band was enough to keep me on the (more or less) straight and narrow.

Your body will let you know when something isn't right! One thing I have learned (and it's taken me a while, Banded 9 mos) is that we need to listen to our bodies! Right now, some days perhaps you can eat a can of Soup at lunch and dinner. There maybe other days when you don't want any at all.

As always, check with your Nutritionist or Doctor at your center but try to give yourself a break and if you are feeling hungry, eat! Just make good choices and stop when you start to feel full. Believe me, this takes a while to get the hang of!!

All best,

Beantown

mphs mommy were stationed in schweinfurt germany, to all the rest of you thanks for the info, i just don't want to eat to much at one time and like blow out my pouch or something. definitely not getting much calories im not worried about that its portion that worries me, that has always been my down fall. im hoping once i get to solids i will eat less, just want to make sure im not drinking to much Soup though at one time to cause problems. I am on 3 weeks of liquids.