Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had the sleep study last night. My final step before insurance approval. What a nightmare that was, how do they expect anyone to sleep with all of those wires stuck to your head and everywhere else? I started my "own" pre-op diet, I have to lose 14 pounds before surgery (there diet didn't seem all that appealing). I have worked out everyday except yesterday (worked 13 hours then went to the sleep lab), so far I have lost 9 pounds. If only it were this easy to lose weight all the time. hmmm. something to ponder.

weight.png

Well I hope everything works out for you! Im glad I didnt have to do a sleep study.. doesnt sound to appealing.

so do you have your sleep study results, yet? Do you have the dreaded apnea?

Getting wieght off short term is much easier than keeping it off forever. that's where the band comes in...

Keep us posted on your approval status!

I don't have the dreaded apnea. thank god, I think I would have pummeled the poor sleep tech if he had come near me with a mask once I finally fell asleep.

I won't get the results back (meaning the dr. office wont' get the results back for 10 days). then they can send in all the info for final approval.

I was thinking about the weight loss and how easy it was to take off when I knew there was a end in sight, and thought about "just changing my life style" to lose weight. Then I got into the rice krispy treats and fresh Cookies someone brought into work, then it was all downhill from there. I realize the band is only an addition to changing your life style, but god, something has got to stop me from binging on all the freakin food at one time.

I can't wait to have the surgery now, I think I am ready. I was not ready even a few weeks ago. I was scared at the loss of a good friend (food). I have now come to realize over the past week, that I am in fact a food addict, and that in combination with the band and some OA I might change my life for the best. I am looking forward to it and found this website with all the support and great stories the most beneficial pre-op and can't wait to share my successes with all of you as I begin my journey to a new healthier me.

Thanks to you all!

Guest j. lynn

I realize the band is only an addition to changing your life style, but god, something has got to stop me from binging on all the freakin food at one time.

Amen! So many people fail to realize this. The band IS wonderful, but it doesn't stop our hand from grabbing the cookie and bringing it to the mouth. It doesn't stop our mouth from watering at the mere sight of yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It doesn't stop our head from thinking about enchalidas.

I struggled with too before surgery. I decided that 12/20 (my surgery date) was the last day I was going to have solids until the doc said to -- little did I know that he'd put me on 6 weeks of liquids! The first week back at work was the toughest, but I just told myself "FOR TODAY I will not eat junk." I had to tell myself that EVERY SINGLE DAY. But I did. And you know what? I cheated a couple of times weeks 3 & 4. I regret that. Not because 1 cookie is so bad or anything, but because I wasn't obeying doctor's orders.

So....you got your head screwed on straight. Kudos to you!

jayme

Thanks Jayme! I need to hear that. I am sure I will need the support. Just like an alcoholic, we must take one day at a time!