Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is amanda Im 28 i was banded june10. I am from north louisiana..born and raised. I am happily married to my husband robby of 7 years. we have no children but a dog named grandmaw.

I am a kidney transplant survivor transplanted march 7 2006 a generous gift from a wonderful friend. So after over a year dealing with steroids i am ready to lose the weight to help my kidney.

I went for my consult in April 2008 approved by insurance May 2008 banded june 10 2008.

my experience so far with the band has been fairly well. As for me I was not in that much pain after surgery sore but not awfull. i only used the pain meds at nite to rest better and that was ony for a few days. I did fine on the liquids except for the fact i was losing my mind from lack of calories. i figured out i was only getting maybe 400 a day..oops my bad. i so do not recommend that.. so once i started being more aware and increased my calorie intake i feel much better. I am on the last few days of mushies. It hasnt been so bad....for now

I know everone has different guidlines it seems but where i was banded the rule is 2 weeks liquid 1/2 cup every hour. alternate liquids and full liquids every hour. full liquids are creamy Soups,protein shakes,pudding and such. Mushies is 1 cup at meals. 1-2 Snacks a day Protein shake

mushies are anything you can mash with a fork.. cooked veggies, fish,chicken...... i put my chicken in the food processor it was good made chicken salad. just thought i would share what our docs suggest after surgery. i have noticed on here all sorts of different ways.

anyway i am glad i am banded..so far so good. I am glad to see how quickly food has started to bcome less important. But i also figure you have to have a mind set to get the job doen so i hope i stay focused.

Hope to make many new friends on here....

P.S. my user name "banda louisiana" that was a a funny thing bcause i chose banda cause thats my nickname from my hubby when i put it with louisiana its banda like band yea yea im a dork :thumbup:

weight.png

Edited by bandalouisiana

Hi....I am ALyssa. I live in South Louisiana...Zachary to be exact. I have alot of family in Shreveport. Anyway, I was banded on june 2....so far pretty good. I am noticing I have less restriction though so I am going in fo rmy first fill on July 18. Hopefully this will work for me. Do you have any restriction?

Well I am not starving between meals...I dontknow about the restriction part. I just measure 1 cup and thats what i eat so i havent eaten till im like full. you know the full from the past when you eat so much you could pop. i just eat my cup and im fine.

now today i will admit i have been back to the kitchen a few time after some watermelon. but i just eat a few bites and leave. but now its all gone. I do like to use slim fast as my Protein snack it seems to help.

This is my first post ever, anywhere. I wanted to thank you for your post. You sound so positive about everything. I have my procedure in 6 days and I am so excited and yet scared too. Your post made me feel so much better. I took a year to talk myself into this and 14 months to get approval from my insurance company. It sounds like everything is going perfectly for you and you gave me great hope that all will go great for me too. Thank you.

Hi, my name is Teresa from Amite, Louisiana about an hour north of New Orleans. I am being banded on July 16th and can't wait. Lets keep in touch and hope a great success for you too. I had a kidney removed with cancer in 2002 and fortunately the cancer was contained and did not need treatment. God blessed me too.

Good luck to ya'll on the surgery...ya'll will do great. Some posts are kind of discouraging with the slow weight loss, but we will do fine. Keep us posted!:)

I know yall are excited for yalls surgery. Everyting for me happened so fast. At my kidney check up at Tulane in New Orleans my doc suggested I get the lap band that was in april. I came home called my surgeon( i had used him for dilaysis accesses) they made me an appointment sent request to insurance and boom it was all fast.

I think everyone is different on how they recover but I have had several surgeries before...the key is to get up and walking a soon as you can. I had my surgery and home the same day. I know its sore to get up and down but walking around really helps. Also I didnt have the gas pain people have had but walking helps that too.

It takes several days to get past the "i want that" due to smells of food being cooked. I have a 12 year old sister and she came and spent the nite with me since my husband would be leaving for work the am hes a firefighter. anyway so she stayed a few nites. Let me tell you there i was sippin on my Water and slim fast and there she was crunchin on chips and eating sandwiches and poping cokes. I was salivating im sure..lol anyway then my hubby is home 2 days and he has to eat so at first it was crazy but after a week i was cooking him meals and it didnt bother me. who knew baked Beans smelt so good.lol

I will have to let yall in on a secret.....i talk wayyyy too much so get used to it =)

Im so happy for us all....remember its all about the right mind set.

love yall

Edited by bandalouisiana

I know what you mean with the smell of food. I have 3 small children and they are not dieting! So cooking for them had to become my husband's permanent job until it didn't phase me anymore. Now I am used to it and they are liking Protein shakes! Have a good day!

Hey I'm from Bastrop La, and i was banded June 27th! I am very happy with it and i am losong weight but i really want to me more restricted... I can eat a whole can of Soup and feel just fine not stuffed! I feel so guilty hopefully after my first fill with miss Rita i will be much more restricted!! Well i hope all goes well with you guys! :thumbup: