Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

will i ever be able to sleep on my stomach again?

i havent had a good nights sleep since being banded over 3 weeks ago..if i go on my stomach it still hurts..any of you guys that have been banded for awhile please tell me i will be able to sleep again someday:sleep

Absolutely yes! I have been a stomach sleeper forever, and I figured I would have to learn a new way to sleep, but I was banded on 2/28 and have no problem whatsoever on my stomach, although it took a few weeks before I did it. My doctor said it was ok.

Mayra

how many weeks did it take?? i am so tired LOL...you are about 2 months ahead of me but i hope you have been sleeping on your stomach for a while now?

Sheri, I used a long body pillow, laid it along my port side & sort of slept on my stomach that way. That let me sleep, cause I too am a stomach sleeper. Don't worry, you'll be full on your stomach soon.

Sheri it was really hard for me at first to sleep on my stomach or port side. It took a few weeks and it got better and now I have no problems sleeping on my stomach at all. So just hang in there and you should be able to get a good nights rest real soon!!!

Congratulations on getting your band!!!!

nygrl!!

hey there. im a big time stomach sleeper and i actually slept on my belly the day my staples came out. i had no pain port side...(sounds like were talking about a boat)...i was very uncomfortable doing anything physical while those staples were still in. take your time and do what ever feels best for you. i also had one of them pillows..they help you sit up...and they have a high back, with arms like to the sides. i used that for a while to help support me while i was healing and sleeping on the couch or my bed.

you will return to the belly!

TTYL

I've had my band since November and on most nights I can sleep on my stomach. If I overdo and exercise or eat too much my port is sore and I have to sleep on my side but it is not that often. It will pass girly!

I have posted my butt pillow story elsewhere (somewhere on here!) but it might work for you. I have an old flat pillow the really should be tossed, but I keep an old pillow case on it that doesn't match AT ALL to keep it distinct from the others. It floats around under the covers and if i'm sleeping on my side, it goes between my legs. On my back, it's up under my thighs/knees. Sometimes I fall asleep on my stomach, and if so, I hike my left leg up a little over the butt pillow and take some pressure off the left port side and sleep on my tummy just fine. Just be sure to support your hip bone to get enough lift off of your port area. I was able to do that during week 3, I think. Give that, or a body pillow, a shot and you might be able to swing it now. The body pillows are too fluffy for me, so the flat one works well.

Happy resting. You WILL be able to sleep on your stomach soon. ZZZZZZZZZ

I don't have any problems sleeping on my stomach, but if I turn to roll over too quickly I feel like I just pulled my port loose, so I try to be more cautious rolling and tumbling.

yes you can eventually but belly-sleeping often leads to neck and upper back problems....

Yep, I fall asleep on my tummy if I'm restless and having a hard time settling in for the night. I always wake up after an hour or two stiff and sore, so I just curl over onto my side and sleep well the rest of the night. I can definately tell that my stomach sleeping is hard on my upper back, shoulders and neck. Thankfully, side sleeping is what I do most.

hey guys i made it onto my stomach last night.. i thought i was going to be ok and then about an hour later i was dying.. i felt so stiff and uncomfortable..guess i will wait a little longer and give it a try again .i was so excited because it really felt fine when i first laid down, but it didnt last!!!:sleep