Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Lee,

I was banded on July 2 as well. I am doing pretty good but very sore still. Not very hungry. I feel like I have to force myself to eat something so I have been eating Soup, yogurt and protien drinks. I am still bloated from surgery. How about you? How are you doing?

Hi Lee, I was banded on the 2nd as well. :tt2: I am having some pain in the incision areas but other than that I'm doing great. The gas pain is starting to subside (THANK GOODNESS) and all is going well. I just wish I could sleep on my side (it hurts to much right now.) I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and that has me a little nervous. I just don't know if I'm ready to. How has your experience been?

Hey, Y'all-

I'm still pretty sore too. I was in the WORST pain the day after surgery. I walked a half a mile yesterday and today. Still pretty sore around the incisions. I can't sleep on my side either! I so wish I could. I'm not sleeping that well. I'm real bloated and gaseous too.

I last took my pain meds at 5 this morning. Trying to wait till bed time to take them again but my stomach is really starting to get sore again. I am getting ready to have some Tomato basil Soup. Today i had a bout at 1/4 cup of egg salad. I'm trying to drink Water. I felt hungry for the first time today. Ate the egg salad and was fine. I really couldn't care less about food right now.

My weight is down about 2 lbs since wednesday but it was down that much thursday and has stayed the same since. Which I hear is very normal and it could be worse..i could be gaining.

I'm definitely ready for this part to be over!

What have y'all been doing to past the time?

Where are y'all from?

I haven't been banded yet. I thought when one came out of surgery, it was supposed to be just liquids? Your surgeons didn't tell you that? j/w

I haven't been banded yet. I thought when one came out of surgery, it was supposed to be just liquids? Your surgeons didn't tell you that? j/w

Ditto. I have to be on liquids for 2 weeks and then go to soft foods. I have already been on liquids preop since June 25th, my surgery is July 9th!

I am DEFINATELY ready for this part to be over too. I am on straight liquids for two weeks, then I can move onto mushie foods, but I'm not hungry although my stomach has started grumbling today. I haven't weighed myself though (probably because I have no idea where the scale is and I'm not going to go looking for it lol). I have a follow up on Thursday so I'll find out then how I have been doing since the surgery. My best friend and his wife are having a baby so in between walks and drinking LOTS of Water I'm crocheting a blanket, that is how I have been passing the time. :biggrin2: I'm from Long Island how about you?

I was banded on 6/30 and I am very bloated & uneasy. I have been on 4 walks today over a mile each and that has not helped at all. I had Soup for the first time today and it was great...I hope things start to get better.

I was looking on here yesterday for bloating/gas relief and some of the things that people said to try (in conjunction with walking) were GasX strips and heating pads. I used the GasX for the first time today and they seemed to help a little bit. I don't have a heating pad so I can't say if it does or doesn't help. Either way it's worth a try if you are really uncomfortable. Good luck.

I am doing much better today! Just a little sore and the gas seems to be going away!

My doc has all of us on a liquid diet for the first 3 -4 days and then slowly introduce mushy foods...then on day 7 (or later if I want to wait) he has a 10 day meal plan to slowly introduce solid foods.

The 1/4 cup egg salad yesterday I had I put in the quisinart and the Soup went down really well. I had 1/2 a cup. (I also had a 1/4 a cup of cottage cheese)

I'm trying to walk regularly.

My doctor is fantastic. He performed some of the very first lap bands. Of the thousands of bands he's put in he's had only 2 slips from patients who tested their band too much! (and two were from people who became ill from stomach type flus and were throwing up all the time...)

I read about someone who had theirs done at the mayo clinic on another forum (which one, i'm not sure) And their postop diet was very similar to mine.

Of course I would follow exactly what my doctor suggests even if they told me not to eat anything for 4 weeks! It is interesting to see some of the differences.

I'm not too eager to introduce the solids. Or even some mushy food. I'm sill scared to take a vitamin-even my chewable!!

OIC, I'm from Nashville!

I'm kind of blabbing on this morning! Slept better last night than I have in a while. But a bit out of it this morn!

How is everyone today?

Lee, I was finally able to lay on my side last night (only for about and hour) but it was enough to let my body rest in that position then move to my back. I slept much better than I have been. It figures because I am going back to work tomorrow and I'll probably have the best nights sleep ever tonight and I won't want to wake up tomorrow. lol :biggrin2:

That's great, Kathleen!

Actually for just a little bit last night I was able to be on my right side too! I just had some chicken broth and feel sooo full. Just a half a cup!

this is insane!

Does your work involve much physical activity?

I was having trouble sleeping last night & tried to research this bloated / gas feeling. If I take a deep breath, I get a sharp pain in my left rib cage? I read on a thread last night that it is not gas? Any idea on what it is? & any idea on how to reduce the pain? Thks!!

J80 - I'm not sure where that pain may be coming from. Mine was in my chest and my back, it hurt to take a deep breath and was a sharp pain right in the center, it started to go away yesterday and is much better today. If it continues I would put a call into your doctor.

Lee - I teach children with Autism (2 & 3 year olds) so it can be very physical and demanding but I have a great staff who are very supportive so they are going to help me when I need it. I will put myself with "less physically demanding" students for the week. Hopefully that will help. Thank goodness for rolling desk chairs I don't think I would be able to spend the day sitting in a little tikes chair like I normally do lol. I love the work that I do but I just don't want to go back, maybe I'll retire haha. How about you?