Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im so depressed, did anyone else get denied?

Guest charofbos

My advice to you is to get a new primary care doctor- one that will empathize with your situation and see it for what it really is- a health condition.

We cannot afford to self-pay, period. My BMI is 41, but their problem is that I do not have co-morbid conditions (that are listed on those forms). I have serious knee and muscle issues. My primary care physician does not agree with the surgery, and will not write me a letter. My Lap-band surgeon already wrote a letter to them the first time to file the claim. I think the problem is the amount of filings they have had for this surgery, and because I am only 17. If I do not have this surgery, I may never be able walk any further than out my door into my car. I cannot even drive it when my knees hurt. I am so depressed.

Its bad im so emotional about it. I see a psychiatrist every 2 weeks because of the problems my weight has caused. I see a doctor for my knees probably one a week (different doctors to get medicine), I have a low immune system from my knee pain, and cannot do ANYTHING! My whole body hurts all the time, I cant even curl my hair anymore! My hands hurt too bad. I ache and cramp all over my body, and all that is wrong is im fat. WHY ME! I have to work hard for everything I get, nothing ever comes easy, and on occassion that it does, it always has some horrible consequence. I think I am cursed. There is one lady who did have it done under mom insurance that worked for mom's company, mom she was dismissed for controversial reasons and now she cannot talk to anyone affiliated with moms company.

Jodie, excess weight can't be the culprit for your hands hurting! The kind of pain you describe sounds like arthritis. Really, at your young age and with a BMI of "only" 41 I can't imagine that weight is the only reason for your pain.

Your PCP may be caring but her successful weight loss may be blinding her. Please do yourself the favor of talking with a different PCP.

Oh, and if the one person who had weight-loss surgery has now left the company under a dark cloud, maybe that has something to do with their current exclusion.

I do not have arthritis, I have already been tested for EVERYTHING! I have had an MRI, CT Scan, Bloodwork, X-Rays out of my ears, and all the advance technology systems of detection. We do not have any more PCPs that I could go to. Everything else in town is owned by Christus, and if I change then I kinda have to stick because of the insurance. Christus does not believe in BC and I have to have BC to regulate my body. The problem is every joint in my body hurts except for my shoulders and back until you get to my lower back (that does hurt). Mom's company has always had that exclusion, the lady was dismissed because the company had a huge budget cut because they lost their business in Brazil, and she was the obvious to "let go" because of all the time off she had taken due to her mental health state. The lady literally had horrible break downs, she is the reason I decided I needed to see a psychiatrist, it was like looking into the future. But anyways, she had another bad breakdown and had to leave work for another month to undergo "treatment" and they used the excuse of budget cut to get rid of her, but it was really because they could not fire her based on her mental state since she was not a threat to others. I just do not understand, how can there be this much pain with no explanation, therefore the only obvious reason for my problem would be weight. Makes since to me, that my weight causes my problems, my bones really are very small, you can tell in the X-Rays and MRIs how small they are compared to the amount of fat around them.