Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So im getting ready to have surgery in the next year as i want my Tummy tuck.:thumbup:

Has anyone use this Dr? I was looking at going to Ontario but this other clinic wants me to fly there twice. Once for the consultation and then surgery. so whitehorse to ontario was $2000 for a ticket, plus my husband. to expansive. Can anyone recomend any other doctors in Western Canada and cost i would like to have all the info i can get.

thanks

Hi there :biggrin2:

I've just started looking into a Tummy Tuck as well and have been in contact with a couple of Dr's in Vancouver so I'll post prices and what I've found out so far....

#1 - False Creek Surgical Center has about 15 board certified surgeons doing abdominoplasties at any given time. When you go for a consult you will see 1 of them and if the one you meet feels that your case would be better handled by someone else they will refer you to a different Dr. You can get an initial consult within about 10 days of calling and surgery can usually be scheduled within 1-4 weeks. The price I was quoted was $6200 +GST and as far as I understand (wasn't actually spelled in black and white for me) this includes all aftercare, follow-up and compression garments.

#2 - Dr. Pugash - He does surgeries at FCSC as well as another place, Parklane Surgical, in Surrey. His quoted price is $7250 which includes GST, compression garments, etc. However this price is quoted on a basic 2 hour surgery and if at consultation he feels your surgery will be more difficult and require more time he will tell you...and your price will increase to reflect that.

#3 - Dr. Horton - He is in Burnaby at the Metrotown Surgical Center (I think thats what it's called...I don't have my paper right in front of me). His price was $8505 and this includes all GST etc....as well as liposuction. This was actually the only surgeon that mentioned Lipo so I assume that if I need it, it will be an added cost to etiher of the above-mentioned Dr's.

So that's what I've found out so far.... Check out the link I've added because there might be Dr's that are closer to you (Theres at least 1 in Prince George) that do this surgery. I used this site as a starting point in my search.... Plastic Surgery-Canadian Society of It only lists Canadian board certified Dr's so it made me feel a little safer.

Anyhow, good luck on your search and let me know if you find someone !!!

Patricia

11/16/06

306/202/175ish

Hey Andree

It looks like your research is really coming together.

This time last year we were thinking about band surgery, now we are booking tummy tucks.

This is an exciting, awesome, (expensive) journey!!

I probably still have 60 to 70lbs to go before goal, but i like to do my home work a head of time i like to know where i am going. And it giving me something to work for :tt2:

How are you doing Michee?