Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys...oh my gosh, I am having a bad day!!!! I wanna eat and eat and eat. I actually would be happy with just some cottage cheese. Something different than liquids. The shakes are starting to piss me off....The Isopro was good for about thirty seconds. The Carb Solutions are pissin me off and I feel like I have a constant lump in my throat. I dont know if thats from all the concentrated Protein or if I am actually full...I have no pain, no hiccups....The consistancy of these shakes remind me of Pepto Bismal.....I am tempted to throw some coffee in a vanilla shake and blend it up with some ice....I dunno I guess Im just fustrated.....I wanna move on......I know "Be gental with yourself".....thats the only reason I haven't fallen off the wagon yet. Theres all kinds of stuff in that fridge that I could easily swallow..... puddings and stuff. But I wont. My son eats them .. they are all his. Plus I don't wanna cheat. I am doing sooo good with the weight loss. Maybe I should go try on clothes or something...take my mind off food..I thought I just did that...I went out for a ride and cleaned my car. Okay....I am a babblin fool now.........But I thank you for listening.

Take it easy!

TTYL

Porcin...

Take it easy - you can do this!!! Don't be so hard on yourself. Have you had any sugar free Jello or fat free sugar free ice pops - these got me through so much in the beginning. You can even add some fat free redi whip - yummmmmmmm!

By the way, I started eating mushies a few days before i was supposed to and they said that wasn't that bad. I just felt like I needed to chew. Maybe that is what you need to do. You could, if you wanted to have a little tuna with a teaspoon of mayo - it just might do it.

Let me know

Eileen

Porcl,

I was about the same as you are after the first week, but like Eileen, I had tuna, and even egg salad in the bullet, with a bit of mayo. Barbara said it was no problem when I went for my check up. I am on soft stuff now....it really does get better. Hang in there.....even the s/f pudding is ok....

Hang in there doll face!! :D You can do it! I know it's tough but all worth it in the long run! YES, go try on some clothes. You never know!!!!!

I added some Peanut Butter to my chocolate Protein Drinks and blended it really well, IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD and really hit the spot!!

Keep your chin up and the fridge closed! LOL just kidding.

You are doing great!

Porc,

I'm so with you on this!!!!

I also am sick of the Isopure. Lastnight I cheated thouh!! I went to a friends house and she had dinner for all of us-she did not know I had the surg already- so I ate 2 spoons of potato. It was SOOOOO good, and i am not usually a pototo lover...

Stay strong for both of us!!!

Have you weighed yet? I do not have a scale so I do not know if I've lost any yet..

NO WAY SUGAR FREE/FAT FREE pudding IS OKAY??? GETOUTTA HERE! No one told me that. Barbara said only shakes for now...and Water. At least thats what I interpreted her to have said. I am having a hard time finishing a shake. I am very fustrated cause I know Im not getting my 300 cal a day....and Im not getting anywhere near 60grams of Protein. Im not even getting the full 45 grams that are in the Carb Control shakes. So, I am very fustrated. I know they said NO SLIM FAST. But cha know what. I have been on slim fast before, and I like the taste of the cappichino shakes. So I am having one of them for dinner. In all honesty...I am not gonna finish it.....sooo I wont be getting what ever they consider to be "bad" or "wrong" with them.......So in my mind it will even out today. If I am gonna have something for dinner tonight, it might as well be something I will half way enjoy.

I don't go on mushies for another two weeks. And I think I am still very swollen inside... So I don't wanna go close to the tuna or other soft foods just quite yet. Gotta figure out this band first. I know when I hiccup thats an indicator of something....too full, too much, what ever. I just don't want to throw anything up yet.

Today was just the first break down really since the surgery. I think seeing my husband eatting meatballs is what really broke it....my own fustration started it though. I gotta not get that fustrated. I want this to work so bad, so I am trying to do everything to the "t".. Gotta learn to cut myself some slack.

By the way...After I posted my orgnl message, I went in my room and took a nap. I strongly think that I am just really tired still, and I got my period too on top of all this....sooo I think a nap was the right choice.

Thank you for the support...It is so awesome to be able to reach out and touch people who understand and have been right where I am today.....Thank you

TTYL

i wouldnt go for the tuna right now but i was on full liquids from the day after my surgery.. even in the hospital... full liquids were pudding, creamed Soups, yogurt,fruit juice, ices,anything creamy or liquidy. i would have never been able to just drink Protein Shakes for 3 weeks that is crazy..i didnt even have the sugar free stuff... i was eating only half a pudding or yogurt so i went for the real stuff and still lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks.. go have a pudding or some creamy Tomato Soup you will feel so much better!!

hey porcln..I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I can totally identify, I called some of the ladies from group and cried at about the same time post op. the Jello and icepops really helped me. I found the sugar free fat free pudding is very bad for me especially with fat free cool whip.. there is never enough and it does not fill me up so I constantly overeat it and feel guilty so be careful! For me it is not only what is "good or bad" it is why and how much! Try the pops and jello first, you know how strict dr. kwon is. Also, I called about 2 weeks post op and they added about a table spoon of cottage cdhees to my diet and it filled me up so give them a call.

Hey guys! Today is a new day and I am feeling much better. Thank you all for the support. I really love having a place to vent and get such great feed back! I have changed my mind set....I know that this is 98% mental at this point...for me at least. I am working TO REACH a goal, not AT A GOAL. Seems when ya work at a goal thats when you get to the point I was yesterday. I realized I am being to hard on myself...trying to get this down and that down, and I realized too, that this is a "can do" situation, do what ever I can do. (Lemme tell ya....my Dad has been an amazing support system too! He has over come some diversity and he really knows what he is talking about) I have desided to add in some fat free/sugar free fudge pops. Just so I feel like I am getting to have a little treat. And I am also having Slim Fast Cappachino Optima shakes at night for dinner. That gives me a break from the Carb Control ones and it gives me a taste of what I have been missing for a while....COFFEE.....I haven't had a cup of regular coffee in a week or so now!

I admit I have been hard on myself, and probably took the harder route....but I can say that I have lost a total of 30 pounds now since I started this all with Dr Kwon in February...soo its all not for nothing I guess. The majority of that weight has been lost since surgery.

NYGRL~Thanks for the list of what was liquids for you. That creamy tomatoe Soup sounds GREAT right now. But I think I will save it for another day when I am at the edge like I was yesterday.

IM BACK NOW~~~Thanks to the support of many great friends!Thank you all

STILL KICKIN ASS AND TAKIN NAMES!