Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just stumbled on this sight this morning,

I'm being banded on Wed. 5/18/05

I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but seeing all of you

and the before and after pics have been very encouraging.

Welcome to LBT! You have stumbled on the right site. There are lots of great people here and lots of great advice and support! We ARE a nosey bunch so tell us more about yourself!

Good luck on Wednesday!! You are on your way to a healther you!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yep, nosey we are, so spill the beans...who's your doc? where? how much weight do you want to lose? all the good stuff.

Glad you found us! You'll love it here. Welcome and congrats!

Well..... lets see...... about me hmmmmm I'm recently divorced, and I am confident in every area of my life except my weight.... So I made the decision very quickly I might add.... Like I looked up this stuff last week, and my surgery is scheduled for next week. I'm going to Mexico to see Dr. Kuri!! I'm going alone and havent told anyone except my brother, because I will be out of the office for a few days... So I am alittle nervous. I think once I start loosing I may end up telling everyone what I did, but I'm not sure yet.... My head is spinning, but I know in my heart that I have made a decision to change my life.

And I'm extremely excited about finding this web sight!!!!

I had surgery on the 27th with dr.kuri-good luck and post how it went when u get back-theres actually a thread about him in this forum-type Kuri into the search thread-check it out.:cheeky

You are in good hands with Kuri. I'm a little worried about the speedy decision...I know you will be fine but many folks research for months, even years, before making the decision. Then again, if they could go back, they would have had the surgery years before, why wait?!

Stay involved with a support system. It's a very important part of making a great success of your band journey.

I researched for months, although I was ready to go within weeks of finding out about the Lap Band! I felt very prepared for everything post-surgery, but still say there is nothing like going through it. Perspective is everything.

You will be fine, just don't stray too far from LBT or some other online support, and if you can find a local group that meets, all the better. You will have lots of questions, to be sure.

Good luck! And welcome to LBT!

Thank you so much for the kind words... I need this so much I know the decision was quick but I'm so ready, I'm so tired of fighting the weight and feeling like a failure.