Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aguila, Tampa FL

Hi. I just wanted to review my doc. He is wonderful. His office staff is awesome. I had a terrific experience with him. I paid around $15000, which included hospital stay, anesthesia, and the surgeon fee. Plus, all of my office visits and fills are included for a year. I can call their office whenever I have a question and they don't make me feel stupid. Also, once a month he has support group meetings at the hospital, which are extremely helpful, especially if you are feeling down or have questions. I would definitely recommend him to anyone considering the lap band. :biggrin2:

weight.png

I feel like I need to give a shout out for Dr. Aguila. He's very caring and patient. I've probably been one of his nightmare patients. I'm the type of person who only goes to the doctor when I'm sick. And I only define "sick" as near death. Dr. Aguilar keeps welcoming back with a warm smile and a little bit of advice about how open his coors are. In fact, he actually gave me his cell phone number so that I could call him if I had any further problems.

His staff is wonderful too. Tina, his right hand gal, has been with him for over 10 years. She's also about 1 year out from her lap band surgery (that Dr. Aguila) did and she's lost over 100 lbs.

If you are looking for a well qualified doctor and just a great all around guy...Dr. Aguila is the one.

Just love everything about Him the staff and the support groups. I am so glad I found him for my lapband, a no pre fees DR, great deal $ as well.

I love him found him on April 28th 2011 I was banded in May 12th 2011 and as of today I have gone fron 408lbs to 328lbs. I love hm and his honesty. Tina and Co are great very professional best decision I ever made,

I love him found him on April 28th 2011 I was banded in May 12th 2011 and as of today I have gone fron 408lbs to 328lbs. I love hm and his honesty. Tina and Co are great very professional best decision I ever made,

That's so awesome! I am having Surgery Thursday. Any pointers or tips?? :-)

That's so awesome! I am having Surgery Thursday. Any pointers or tips?? :-)

Dr A is the best. I am having stellar results but I am also following his instruction to the letter. The only tip I have to to walk walk walk after surgery. You may not feel like it... but trust me.... you need to do it to begin feeling better. Especially if you have gas in your shoulder like I did.

Stock up on broth, clear juices like apple and sugar free popsicles.....

Best of luck to you!

HI! any of you go to the support group meetings ? ! I have been going even though not banded, mine will be late Oct /Nov depending on insurance, Congratulation!!!! JMH- Fadnomore and you too Floridays. :lol::):D I do know one banded blogger I am not sure what blog she is on-but she is one of the recovery nurses. So maybe you will have her or have had her. It is nice to know, some on there knows exactly what you talking about! let us know how it goes!

HI! any of you go to the support group meetings ? ! I have been going even though not banded, mine will be late Oct /Nov depending on insurance, Congratulation!!!! JMH- Fadnomore and you too Floridays. :lol::):D I do know one banded blogger I am not sure what blog she is on-but she is one of the recovery nurses. So maybe you will have her or have had her. It is nice to know, some on there knows exactly what you talking about! let us know how it goes!

thanks! :)

I havent gone to any meetings.... I live in Plant CIty and work in Downtown Tampa so whie the office is close by i leave at 5pm and cannot bring myself to hang around until the meeting starts after a 10 hr day @ work.

I know which nurse you are referring to.... i met her on my surgery day and saw her at the office once during a weigh in. She is on this site but I cannot recal the name other than it has "ice" in her screen name. Lovely gal!

I haven't been to any of the support group meetings but have to second (third, maybe?) the stellar review for the whole staff at Dr. Aguila's. I am scheduled to be banded on September 22nd and feel like I have really been supported throughout the whole process. Good luck to everyone!

Surgery went great Thursday.....gas was awful Thursday and Friday...finally started coming out late last night THANK GOD! I am feeling much better today, just struggling with getting in my Protein Shakes that I need bc I am not hungry at all. Dr. Aguila is awesome! I called yesterday bc I was still in a lot of pain bc the initial pain meds just weren't working well and he wanted me to come in just to make sure everything was ok. He is so caring...gotta love him! biggrin.gif

Grider, I live in Lakeland and used to go to his Wednesday night meetings over here. I haven't been in a while and now that I have my band I plan to attend either in Lakeland or Tampa depending on my schedule.

Surgery went great Thursday.....gas was awful Thursday and Friday...finally started coming out late last night THANK GOD! I am feeling much better today, just struggling with getting in my Protein shakes that I need bc I am not hungry at all. Dr. Aguila is awesome! I called yesterday bc I was still in a lot of pain bc the initial pain meds just weren't working well and he wanted me to come in just to make sure everything was ok. He is so caring...gotta love him! biggrin.gif

Hi congratualions and welcome lol I know the first couple of days suc grass but it is so worth it follow instructions and when you are ready start excercising.

Well meetings are now thurs at 6pm. I usually eat some place and head over, I live alone, so just someone to share with and see 1st hand what people have to say. It's great! I do understand about after wrk and waiting around when you live that far out. I live in clearwater so its not too bad. I am sooo glad I found Dr Aguila, I feel very comfortable with the whole team. :D

Congratulations BANSTERS... feel better and hang in there!:lol: