Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op pain

haven't had surgery yet but, kind of scared of the post-op feeling. Is the feeling going to be unbearable or not so bad what is the worst thing that hurts you I'm really nervous.?????

Guest cammie

I had my surgery on Monday May 2..... I had some pain, but not much and besides, I was given great pain medication in the hospital and to come home with. The way I see it is this...... Nothing could be as painful and being over weight...... Take Care, Cammie

I didn't have a big deal with pain either. Pain meds at hospital was all I needed. Probably will need gas-x more than pain meds, LOL. I wish you the best.

it felt like i'd done about 300 setups. coughing, sneezing or hiccuping was kinda uncomfortable. walk, walk, walk.. that is the best medicine. by the 5th day I felt WONDERFUL!

I'm with Letha, Walk, Walk, and then Walk some more!!! Like most people my port site is the only area that I can honestly say has any painbut liquid tylenol has taken care of that. I was lucky enough to be able to go back to work on Monday when I had surg on Thursday. The only poblem I've had was that I was hit right on my port incision and that caused quite a bit of pain. Other than that....a sprained ankle is worse than this has been!!!

My pain was very limited other than the feeling of runners cramp that I experienced for a few days. I am 2 1/2 weeks out of surgery and I feel great! Don't worry, post op pain is not bad at all.

haven't had surgery yet but, kind of scared of the post-op feeling. Is the feeling going to be unbearable or not so bad what is the worst thing that hurts you I'm really nervous.?????

You will be fine. Everybody's body is different. I had a hard time with the staples, but it wasn't unbearable, just took a few extra days, that's all.

Mine wasn't bad either, and I agree with Leatha, the more walking you do the faster you feel better.

How did you get your tickerfactory to display below your name???

Guest j. lynn

My pain wasn't bad -- more uncomfortable. My recommendation is to have a good heating pad available. That helped for some of the gas pains I had.

My surgeon was also nice enough to prescribe my pain meds the week before surgery, so I was able to have those at home already. Basically, all I used was liquid children's tylenol (I've since found the adult formula at Walmart in liquid form).

jayme

everyone is different, but the pain is not that bad. I didn't even need my pain medicine. and left the hospital the same day. Good luck, you will do fine

i just had my surgery a week ago, and there isn't any pain really.. it's most discomfort, it's hard to find a good position to stay in for a while, and sometimes it's hard to sleep because of that, but after my third night i sleep the whole night. There's some bruising where the incisions are but they don't hurt. For the first couple days it felt as if I may be stretching something inside, but that feeling goes away. Don't be worried, everything will be great :(