Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slipped Band

Sades, I'm so glad you are doing well. Can't believe that you don't have any gas pain and didn't the first time either. I had it so bad for 10 days. I used to feel it all the way to my ears! I would sit on the floor and rock back and forth hard to get the gas to move. On the 8th day, I had to go back to the hospital for dehydration. I could barely drink Water as it was making the gas worse. They did an x-ray of the band and found a huge gas bubble hovering over it. By day 10, it started to subside. The fear of that gas would scare me about another surgery. In that aspect, you're lucky.

Get as much rest as possible. This will soon be a distant memory.

I had a touch in my shoulder straight after the surgery but that didn't last long at all, barely long enough to notice. I would have been screaming if I'd had it for 10 days. True, I have to be thankful that I didn't have it either time. I'm sure that liquid stage will pass quickly enough. I will get back to work tomorrow, from home, and hopefully with being so busy at work, the days will fly by. Thanks for all the support you guys keep giving me. It would feel funny to go into the July 2008 section because I don't feel like a newbie. I would much rather stick with my mates here! :biggrin:

Hey, Cindy!

Anyway you could paste your face onto the cheerleader avatar? If not, go put on a cheerleader outfit and take a photo! Your new bathing suit and a set of pom poms should work! :biggrin:

Sades, you're not a newbie. It really wouldn't make sense to join a July '08 group. You've had many fills and been through all of the stages with this group. Besides, we would all have to chase you down and drag you back here!

I'm glad for you that you're not having much pain. I wouldn't wish what I went through post-op on anyone! It was horrible. I wanted to rip my band out! I lost around 8 pounds that first week and didn't even care. At the time, it didn't feel worth it. Of course, I feel differently now but those first 10 days were hell!

Sades, you're not a newbie. It really wouldn't make sense to join a July '08 group. You've had many fills and been through all of the stages with this group. Besides, we would all have to chase you down and drag you back here!

I'm glad for you that you're not having much pain. I wouldn't wish what I went through post-op on anyone! It was horrible. I wanted to rip my band out! I lost around 8 pounds that first week and didn't even care. At the time, it didn't feel worth it. Of course, I feel differently now but those first 10 days were hell!

November Nymphs forever!! :biggrin: I would hate to have gone through that much agony. It is bad enough suffering through the port pain without the gas pain added to it. I guess we all feel that way, once the pain is gone it's all worth it.

What are you doing up so late again?

Guess what? I didn't have any port pain! Just gas pain. So weird.

I stayed up so many nights doing schoolwork this past year that even when I don't have any, I can't get to sleep at a decent hour. My biological clock is all screwed up. I'll fall asleep at about 5am and the kids wake me around 10. I'm so used to functioning on 5-6 hours sleep. I would probably lose faster if I got more sleep. I need to work on that. But after a busy day taking care of everyone else, I love the quiet of the night. I do my best studying and papers late at night and that's when I can sit uninterrrupted at my computer. It is a bad habit that I need to break. When the kids have school, its hard for me to get to bed earlier. I have to be up at 6am with them so I have to get to bed by 1am. That's actually hard for me.

Guess what? I didn't have any port pain! Just gas pain. So weird.

I stayed up so many nights doing schoolwork this past year that even when I don't have any, I can't get to sleep at a decent hour. My biological clock is all screwed up. I'll fall asleep at about 5am and the kids wake me around 10. I'm so used to functioning on 5-6 hours sleep. I would probably lose faster if I got more sleep. I need to work on that. But after a busy day taking care of everyone else, I love the quiet of the night. I do my best studying and papers late at night and that's when I can sit uninterrrupted at my computer. It is a bad habit that I need to break. When the kids have school, its hard for me to get to bed earlier. I have to be up at 6am with them so I have to get to bed by 1am. That's actually hard for me.

That is weird. I'm getting pains in my right side and back now. That could be due to trying to take the strain off the port area.

Our body clocks are a funny thing aren't they? I can't seem to get out of my current sleep cycle. I wake up through the night then so tired the next night, I end up dosing off early then wake up in the middle of the night again... catch 22. :party:

Hi Sades,

How's your back and side today? I'm going to a concert tonight with hubby to see the Steve Miller Band and Joe Cocker. Classic rock legends. Don't know if they'll sound as good as they did 20 years ago but it should be a fun night out. I'll check in with you later.

Hi Sades,

How's your back and side today? I'm going to a concert tonight with hubby to see the Steve Miller Band and Joe Cocker. Classic rock legends. Don't know if they'll sound as good as they did 20 years ago but it should be a fun night out. I'll check in with you later.

Sounds like fun, did you have a good time?

I can't wait to be back to normal.

Hey, Cindy!

Anyway you could paste your face onto the cheerleader avatar? If not, go put on a cheerleader outfit and take a photo! Your new bathing suit and a set of pom poms should work! :unsure:

Too Funny! The bathing suit that I just got is getting to big for me. I just bought another one...I'll have to take a picture in that one....Ha Ha...but I am going to wait...I ate a Ice Cream Sundae tonight and I feel so gross...it will take me all week to probably lose all the weight I am going to gain by eating it..I haven't had that many carbs since July 4th!

Shout out to my girl Sades! Sounds like your spirits are up today! Yeah! You go girl!

Give me an S...Give me an A....Give me a D....give an E....Give me an S.

What does it spell Sades, Sades, Sades...Go Sades.

Cindy

Cindy,

Don't worry about a little ice cream. We still gotta live a little! As long as you get back on track, it will only be a little blip on the radar screen. I'm not surprised that your suit got too big already. You're melting faster than that ice cream you ate! By the way, I'm going to Cape Cod on Friday through Monday. Is your shop anywhere near the Cape?

Hi Sades,

The concert was a blast! Hubby and I haven't been to a rock concert in 13 years and now we went to 2 in 2 weeks. We saw Chicago with the Doobie Brothers 2 weeks ago. Do you know about the famous Woodstock festival that took place in Bethel, NY in 1969? Well this guy bought the land it was on and turned it into a music center with an outdoor concert pavilion, museum, snack stands, gift shops, etc. It's brand new and beautiful. Up in the country and a great place to go for a summer concert. Its only 1 hour north of us. They have bands from our era, our parents era, and for the teens. There's a concert every weekend. We are seeing Journey with Heart and Cheap Trick at the end of August. Haven't been to this many concerts since my teen years. Its really fun to see so many middle age folks and older rocking out to the music! Great way to keep young. The band members are aging too but they still sound great. It was pouring as we walked back to the car. Just like people did at the original Woodstock festival, we got wet and muddy. We had a great time!

How are you feeling today? You'll be back to your old self in no time except smaller!

Hi Sades,

The concert was a blast! Hubby and I haven't been to a rock concert in 13 years and now we went to 2 in 2 weeks. We saw Chicago with the Doobie Brothers 2 weeks ago. Do you know about the famous Woodstock festival that took place in Bethel, NY in 1969? Well this guy bought the land it was on and turned it into a music center with an outdoor concert pavilion, museum, snack stands, gift shops, etc. It's brand new and beautiful. Up in the country and a great place to go for a summer concert. Its only 1 hour north of us. They have bands from our era, our parents era, and for the teens. There's a concert every weekend. We are seeing Journey with Heart and Cheap Trick at the end of August. Haven't been to this many concerts since my teen years. Its really fun to see so many middle age folks and older rocking out to the music! Great way to keep young. The band members are aging too but they still sound great. It was pouring as we walked back to the car. Just like people did at the original Woodstock festival, we got wet and muddy. We had a great time!

How are you feeling today? You'll be back to your old self in no time except smaller!

It sounds like a blast Cindy. Of course I remember Woodstock, I was in high school in 69. Where have all those years gone. :crying: I've been to see a couple of old bands recently as well and I too have loved it. Only local bands that were famous here. Would love to see some of the more famous ones. I was big on live concerts in the 80s. Eurythmics, Culture Club, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Queen to name a few. I also saw Roy Orbison and Gene Pitney, some real blasts from the past! :)

Shout out to my girl Sades! Sounds like your spirits are up today! Yeah! You go girl!

Give me an S...Give me an A....Give me a D....give an E....Give me an S.

What does it spell Sades, Sades, Sades...Go Sades.

Cindy

I'm exhausted justing reading this Cindy! :eek: :rofl: I feel much better than I did the 1st 3 days so I might be doing cheer myself soon! :smile2:

Cindy,

Don't worry about a little ice cream. We still gotta live a little! As long as you get back on track, it will only be a little blip on the radar screen. I'm not surprised that your suit got too big already. You're melting faster than that ice cream you ate! By the way, I'm going to Cape Cod on Friday through Monday. Is your shop anywhere near the Cape?

Cindy...

I am so excited if you get a chance to stop by one of my stores. I am located in Kingston and Middleboro. However, Kingston would be closer. We are off of Route 3, exit 9, left off the exit and up on left 1/4 of mile. I am about 10 minutes north of downtown Plymouth. I will be there over the weekend, both days Saturday (10-5) and Sunday (12-5). My phone number is 781-936-8125 call me with any questions. I would love to meet you if you have time.

By the way, the scales batteries went dead this morning...kind of happy about that then I don't have to see if I gained or not. Tomorrow will come soon enough.

Cindy

It sounds like a blast Cindy. Of course I remember Woodstock, I was in high school in 69. Where have all those years gone. :crying: I've been to see a couple of old bands recently as well and I too have loved it. Only local bands that were famous here. Would love to see some of the more famous ones. I was big on live concerts in the 80s. Eurythmics, Culture Club, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Queen to name a few. I also saw Roy Orbison and Gene Pitney, some real blasts from the past! :)

I'm exhausted justing reading this Cindy! :eek: :rofl: I feel much better than I did the 1st 3 days so I might be doing cheer myself soon! :smile2:

Oh my goodness, Woodstock! I was only 1 year old. However, you got great taste in music because I love all those 80's bands. Don't make music like that anymore. Matter of fact, my boys are loving the 80's..LOL!

Cindy

Oh my goodness, Woodstock! I was only 1 year old. However, you got great taste in music because I love all those 80's bands. Don't make music like that anymore. Matter of fact, my boys are loving the 80's..LOL!

Cindy

You were born the same year as my brother, he just turned 40yo. I loved those bands and as you say the young kids love them now. We had some great bands in Australia as well. Of course INXS who I actually met personally. One of them shared a house with one of my best friends at the time. I worked in the film business for 8 years when I was in my 20s and met some pretty interesting people.

You were born the same year as my brother, he just turned 40yo. I loved those bands and as you say the young kids love them now. We had some great bands in Australia as well. Of course INXS who I actually met personally. One of them shared a house with one of my best friends at the time. I worked in the film business for 8 years when I was in my 20s and met some pretty interesting people.

Details on meeting INXS..that was one of my most favorite bands. I was telling the hairdresser today about how I was a punk in high school. I had blue hair, wore a dog collar, loved to slam dance and wore a black trench coat. To todays standards, I would be arrested for just looking weird.

I loved Boy George, Flock of Seagulls, Till Tuesday, Thompson Twins, Billy Idol and to many to mention. The only thing I didn't like for music was Heavy Metal.

How you feeling today?

Cindy