Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slipped Band

Glad your feeling as well as you are. Just think you will be catching up to me sooner than you think.

Take it easy...how long are you going to be out of work?

Cindy

Glad your feeling as well as you are. Just think you will be catching up to me sooner than you think.

Take it easy...how long are you going to be out of work?

Cindy

Thanks Cindy, I hope so. I know I lost some weight already but I feel I wasted 5-6 months struggling to lose more.

I will probably go back to work on Monday but will work from home a couple of days. We can work virtually so working from home it won't be too hard.

Sades,

I'm so glad that you are doing well. I have been thinking about you. My son was having problems with his band the other day. He looked terrible. I immediately thought of you. They ended up taking some Fluid out of his band. He was getting dehydrated from not being able to keep anything down.

Sades,

I'm so glad that you are doing well. I have been thinking about you. My son was having problems with his band the other day. He looked terrible. I immediately thought of you. They ended up taking some Fluid out of his band. He was getting dehydrated from not being able to keep anything down.

Thanks Wendy. Sorry to hear about your son. How is he doing now? How old is he and how much has he lost? I was watching an old Oprah show on kids and their lapbands today. Interesting... I hadn't seen it before.

Hi Sades,

I'm up late. It's 1:22am here. Middle of the afternoon for you. How are you feeling? Any gas pain? Try not to dwell on the time you lost and focus on how great you'll do from now on. You're gonna fly past all of us!!

Hey Cindy, love the cheerleader avatar!!

Wendy, how old is your son and how much does he want to lose? My 16 yr old daughter wants a band. I won't let her and she's too young anyway. Besides, she wouldn't qualify. Not enough weight to lose.

Hi Sades,

I'm up late. It's 1:22am here. Middle of the afternoon for you. How are you feeling? Any gas pain? Try not to dwell on the time you lost and focus on how great you'll do from now on. You're gonna fly past all of us!!

Hey Cindy, love the cheerleader avatar!!

Wendy, how old is your son and how much does he want to lose? My 16 yr old daughter wants a band. I won't let her and she's too young anyway. Besides, she wouldn't qualify. Not enough weight to lose.

Doing my trick eh Cindy? :) I was trying to nap this afternoon but only got 1 hour in. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.

I'm trying not to dwell on the weight loss but I feel a little short changed since I already did my time and now have to do it again. I think once I am off the liquid stage I'll feel more normal again.

I have no gas pain, didn't the last time either. Guess I should be thankful for that. I've had diarrhea all day, not very pleasant! :cool: It's eased up a little now.

Love Cindy's cheerleader avatar as well. Waiting for the real photo Cindy !! :thumbup:

Doing my trick eh Cindy? :) I was trying to nap this afternoon but only got 1 hour in. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.

I'm trying not to dwell on the weight loss but I feel a little short changed since I already did my time and now have to do it again. I think once I am off the liquid stage I'll feel more normal again.

I have no gas pain, didn't the last time either. Guess I should be thankful for that. I've had diarrhea all day, not very pleasant! :cool: It's eased up a little now.

Love Cindy's cheerleader avatar as well. Waiting for the real photo Cindy !! :thumbup:

70 more pounds Sades....then I will get pom poms and a cheerleader outfit...at least I know I would fit in one. Dang it. I wish I was you with no gas pain but after everything you have gone through you should have none...I hope it is smooth sailing from now on...you deserve it.

Cindy

No gas pain Sades? That is great. That was the worst part for me, felt like an elephant sitting on my chest, plus that awful shoulder pain. Any incision pain? That was one thing that did not bother me last time, hope it's the same the second time around.

At least you are on the road back to being normal again, in a week or two you'll be feeling great and will have lost weight. Exactly where we both wanted to be from the beginning.

I am packing up in RI to go back to Connecticut today. Then unpacking the two cars again when we get home. Already dreaming/planning next year's beach time. I am golden brown, even though I don't sit in the sun much ( I use an umbrella, a lot). Think I got some of the color while walking.

Take care and rest.

Judy

Hi Guys, thanks for all your well wishes. I got home tonight even though I was meant to stay another night at the hospital. I can never sleep there. Well it all went well and he did an endoscopy while was in there to make sure. I am exhausted but feeling better than I thought I would. I'm hoping the more sleep I get, the better I will feel.

Hi Sades

I am glad everything went well with the surgery; I hope you are feeling well.

70 more pounds Sades....then I will get pom poms and a cheerleader outfit...at least I know I would fit in one. Dang it. I wish I was you with no gas pain but after everything you have gone through you should have none...I hope it is smooth sailing from now on...you deserve it.

Cindy

70 lbs, easy !! :) I was starting to worry last night because the port area was looking red again but I've kept an eye on it and so far so good. I really don't need any added complications! :thumbup:

I guess as long as all goes well, I should be up and about in the next few days. I spent all day resting but unfortunately didn't get enough sleep. I'm hoping that I will do a bit more of that tomorrow.

No gas pain Sades? That is great. That was the worst part for me, felt like an elephant sitting on my chest, plus that awful shoulder pain. Any incision pain? That was one thing that did not bother me last time, hope it's the same the second time around.

At least you are on the road back to being normal again, in a week or two you'll be feeling great and will have lost weight. Exactly where we both wanted to be from the beginning.

I am packing up in RI to go back to Connecticut today. Then unpacking the two cars again when we get home. Already dreaming/planning next year's beach time. I am golden brown, even though I don't sit in the sun much ( I use an umbrella, a lot). Think I got some of the color while walking.

Take care and rest.

Judy

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery Judy and I know what you mean about the weight loss, making up for so much wasted time.

Glad you enjoyed your break. I need a good holiday but that's another thing I will have to put off now. I was thinking of going away somewhere at the end of this month. I will wait until I'm fully healed before I think about that. I know what you mean about being brown, I get so brown just from walking as well. I guess 1 hour a day is long enough to tan.

Keep us posted on your next stage of this disaster.

Hi Sades

I am glad everything went well with the surgery; I hope you are feeling well.

Thanks Marie. As mentioned above, I'm feeling okay and am looking forward to being up and about.

Thanks Wendy. Sorry to hear about your son. How is he doing now? How old is he and how much has he lost? I was watching an old Oprah show on kids and their lapbands today. Interesting... I hadn't seen it before.

My son is 22 and he has lost 130 since Dec. 2007. He's really done well. He's fine now, but boy he was really getting sick from not being able to keep anything down.

My son is 22 and he has lost 130 since Dec. 2007. He's really done well. He's fine now, but boy he was really getting sick from not being able to keep anything down.

Wow he's done so well. Good on him! :) Glad to hear he's doing better now. It's great to have the band but you don't want it making you sick. There's got to be a happy medium.

Sades,

So glad to hear you are doing so well. I'm so glad you don't have gas pains. Mine weren't bad either. The worst for me was the pain in the port area when standing and sitting.

The weight is going to start melting away now. That is very exciting. I can't wait to see your stats in a few weeks. :)

Sades,

So glad to hear you are doing so well. I'm so glad you don't have gas pains. Mine weren't bad either. The worst for me was the pain in the port area when standing and sitting.

The weight is going to start melting away now. That is very exciting. I can't wait to see your stats in a few weeks. :)

Thanks Jill. Mine's the same, my port hurts when I get in and out of bed. I haven't been sleeping too well though. I need to try and get 7-8 hours in a row.

I'm looking forward to the extra weightloss. I should have been down another 20 lbs by now. Hopefully it will melt off on the liquid & mushie phase. :thumbup:

Sades, I'm so glad you are doing well. Can't believe that you don't have any gas pain and didn't the first time either. I had it so bad for 10 days. I used to feel it all the way to my ears! I would sit on the floor and rock back and forth hard to get the gas to move. On the 8th day, I had to go back to the hospital for dehydration. I could barely drink Water as it was making the gas worse. They did an x-ray of the band and found a huge gas bubble hovering over it. By day 10, it started to subside. The fear of that gas would scare me about another surgery. In that aspect, you're lucky.

Get as much rest as possible. This will soon be a distant memory.