Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slipped Band

Hi all my fellow Nymphs

I went for my barium meal this morning (my time) and the xray dr said my band has slipped. I think it is only a slight slip but I'm not sure what that means. I am waiting to hear back from my dr's office to find out what my next move is. Naturally I am very sad about this. I knew I couldn't be eating the amount I was with such a large fill without something being wrong. At least I know now. :o I will keep you posted on what the dr says.

cheers

Sades

Edited by Sades

Oh gosh Sades keep us updated on what the doctor says.

Good luck Sades. I'm going in for a fill tomorrow a.m. I'll keep you in my prayers if you keep me in yours!! First fill since April.

I'm so sorry that happened Sades. You'd think the doctor would have figured this out earlier since you have so much fill and nothing has been happening!! I've heard other people go on liquids for a few weeks and that has fixed a slip if you want to start doing that. Has your doctor given you any directions?

I had a feeling something could be up with your band, Sades. Didn't want to be pessimistic. I'm not sure what is done for a slipped band but I think it is fixable. Look on the bright side, at least you know what's going on and once the band is fixed, you should start losing weight again. Let us know what the doc has to say.

Oh gosh Sades keep us updated on what the doctor says.

I will Wendy, I will know more tomorrow when my dr gets the xrays.

Good luck Sades. I'm going in for a fill tomorrow a.m. I'll keep you in my prayers if you keep me in yours!! First fill since April.

Of course I will keep you in my prayers. Your fill should be a breeze, I've never had any problems with mine. Good luck.

I'm so sorry that happened Sades. You'd think the doctor would have figured this out earlier since you have so much fill and nothing has been happening!! I've heard other people go on liquids for a few weeks and that has fixed a slip if you want to start doing that. Has your doctor given you any directions?

I think the reason they weren't too worried is because they have a few people who had to go to 9cc and 10cc before they found restriction. I will be talking to my dr some time tomorrow hopefully. I might do that anyway because I don't want to risk it getting worse.

I had a feeling something could be up with your band, Sades. Didn't want to be pessimistic. I'm not sure what is done for a slipped band but I think it is fixable. Look on the bright side, at least you know what's going on and once the band is fixed, you should start losing weight again. Let us know what the doc has to say.

I had a feeling as well but not a slip. I thought the pouch might be stretched. Apparently with a slip it can go either way, either slip up or slip down. When it slips up, people tend to throw up and get reflux but in my case I didn't have any of those signs. Mine has slipped down. I will keep you guys posted and thanks for your concern. I'm trying to stay positive.

Well that sucks. But, now that you know what it is, you can attack the problem head on. Keep those positive thoughts. I am sure it will work out. In the meantime, you could Google "band slip" and see what you get and also post on the main forum to see if you can get any good advice. We're all pulling for you, girlee.

Rats. I just realized that, once you get it fixed, you are going to rocket past me and I will be the last slow loser.

Well that sucks. But, now that you know what it is, you can attack the problem head on. Keep those positive thoughts. I am sure it will work out. In the meantime, you could Google "band slip" and see what you get and also post on the main forum to see if you can get any good advice. We're all pulling for you, girlee.

Rats. I just realized that, once you get it fixed, you are going to rocket past me and I will be the last slow loser.

I didn't get to see my dr today but have an appointment on Monday. The receptionist asked if I was in pain or throwing up but I'm not. He gave me the impression that the dr isn't seeing it as a slip because he asked who told me it was a slip. I said the xray dr. I asked him if my dr had said anything and he said no but I got the impression they had talked but of course he couldn't tell me anything. I won't know the full extent of it until I see my dr, so I'm just going to hang in there in the meantime.

Yes Foofy, now that you mention it, I'll be hot on your tail !! :eek: Ready, steady, go... :thumbup:

Hi all my fellow Nymphs

I went for my barium meal this morning (my time) and the xray dr said my band has slipped. I think it is only a slight slip but I'm not sure what that means. I am waiting to hear back from my dr's office to find out what my next move is. Naturally I am very sad about this. I knew I couldn't be eating the amount I was with such a large fill without something being wrong. At least I know now. :thumbup: I will keep you posted on what the dr says.

cheers

Sades

Oh Sades! I am so sad for you too! However, you at least have an answer to why things have been going so hard for you. I am hoping that it will be easily fixed. Please keep us updated...we love our Sades Down Under Girl. And know that we are sad right along with you because it could be any one of us.

Keep your chin up!

Cindy

Oh Sades! I am so sad for you too! However, you at least have an answer to why things have been going so hard for you. I am hoping that it will be easily fixed. Please keep us updated...we love our Sades Down Under Girl. And know that we are sad right along with you because it could be any one of us.

Keep your chin up!

Cindy

Thanks Cindy, that's so sweet! :thumbup: I only have the news from the xray dr so he might not have it right. I'll wait to hear what my dr has to say on Monday. I'm not holding my breath though. I guess if they have to adjust it, then I will just go with it. I would rather not go under again but I won't have much choice. As the nurse said, at least you can really start losing weight after that. And it's true, I've been working so hard just to maintain what I have lost and I always knew that I was doing it the hard way. I will definitely keep everyone posted and thanks again for your kind thoughts.

Thanks Cindy, that's so sweet! :tt2: I only have the news from the xray dr so he might not have it right. I'll wait to hear what my dr has to say on Monday. I'm not holding my breath though. I guess if they have to adjust it, then I will just go with it. I would rather not go under again but I won't have much choice. As the nurse said, at least you can really start losing weight after that. And it's true, I've been working so hard just to maintain what I have lost and I always knew that I was doing it the hard way. I will definitely keep everyone posted and thanks again for your kind thoughts.

:Banane06:The Nymph Cheerleader is cheering you on!

:thumbup::lol::mellow: :tt2::Banane20:

SADES, SADES, SHE'S OUR GIRL!!

IF SHE CAN'T DO IT, NO ONE...... OK, what rhymes with girl?! curl, pearl...?? :thumbup:

Better just leave the cheerleading up to Cindy!! :biggrin2:

SADES, SADES, SHE'S OUR GIRL!!

IF SHE CAN'T DO IT, NO ONE...... OK, what rhymes with girl?! curl, pearl...?? :thumbup:

Better just leave the cheerleading up to Cindy!! :biggrin2:

Sades, Sades, Sades, She's our Girl!

If she has slip

We are all gonna hurl:lol:

Hi all my fellow Nymphs

I went for my barium meal this morning (my time) and the xray dr said my band has slipped. I think it is only a slight slip but I'm not sure what that means. I am waiting to hear back from my dr's office to find out what my next move is. Naturally I am very sad about this. I knew I couldn't be eating the amount I was with such a large fill without something being wrong. At least I know now. :thumbup: I will keep you posted on what the dr says.

cheers

Sades

I am so sorry , I will be praying for you; I hope the doctors can fix the problem.

Marie