Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on June 4th and have not had any sweets since then. I was in the office today and there were cupcakes out and for some reason I could not stop myself from eating one. THE GUILT IS INCREDIBLE !!!!! Anyway I am not writing this to be absolved just pissed at myself !!!! Have A Great 4th Of July Everyone!!! :thumbup:

My doc always says the point of the surgery is not to disallow cakes forver, but to limit your cake intake to ONE piece. He always says if you're in the office and you want some cake, eat it. Just stop at one piece. Stop beating yourself up.

Don't feel bad. I was banded June 3. I had a day where I ate a lot of mashed potatoes...and you know what...the next day I still lost weight. Consider it a day that throws a curve ball at your metabolism.

Though it does help that certain foods may upset your stomach. Last night I had a couple of the Dove sugar free chocolate rasberry singles (they're about 20 calories each). I had diarrhea the rest of the night....I won't be eating those again!

I tell myself that if I was perfect and had perfect self control I wouldn't have needed a lap band. just think of all the foods that you've probably passed on already.....really bad foods. :thumbup:

I eat pretty much what I want, but not much of it. Since being banded, I have had ice cream, cake, doughnuts (BIG mistake), pie, brownies, those chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, pizza, chicken pot pie . . .

However, I do count my calories daily and try to stay under 1200. Obviously, you can't be healthy and eat 1200 calories of ice cream every day, so most of the time it's healthy Protein and vegies. But the beauty of the band is that I don't have to feel like a total failure just because I sample a bit of double chocolate fudge cake. Eat slowly, eat carefully, eat mindfully, and enjoy your life.

Sometimes Life Hands you CUPCAKES!!!

I'd say that's WAAAAAAAAAAY better than some of the other things life hands out!!!!

I hope it was delicious!!!!!!!!

Maybe in about 6 months, you can have another one. LOL...I'm Joking!

I agree with everyone else---it's allowed, don't beat yourself up, don't feel bad, and most of all what snowbird said: Enjoy Your Life!!!!!!!!

P.S. Yesterday I had a small chocolate milkshake. My first in a LONG time. It was AWESOME and DELICIOUS in every way!!!!!!!!

Can I say this board is amazing OMGawd! Instead of beating one up you support them just as well. This is what I was telling my friends on the way home (but trying to translating it in spanish) when you fall off the wagon your legs are not broke get up hop back on and go forward!!!! :thumbup:

Damm workplace sweets!!!! In my office, there are Bagels and donuts in the morning, and Cookies in the afternoon. Not to mention the weekly birthday and anniversary celebrations with cake AND ice cream! :thumbup:

I feel your pain. I *will* sneak in a bite here and there BUT I feel good knowing that it is MUCH less than I used to have pre-band! :thumbup:

I'm only a week out but, I agree with everyone else. How many times have you had a cup cake on a diet? The question is, will you stop at one. I remember times at my job when donuts would be available. I would eat one about every time I entered the conf. room. So I say this was a successful day. You ate ONE cupcake, not a whole cake. Congratulations!!

I think food is to be enjoyed! My problem is that I've been enjoying too much of it, for too many years, for all the wrong reasons. Now I'm learning that food is also about providing our body with the nutrition (fuel) it needs to let us feel good and function and hopefully live long lives. So just like I have to get up and go to work every morning in order to provide myself with the money (the fuel) to keep my lifestyle going, I have the weekends to have fun doing what I really like to do. I'm sort of thinking of food the same way. Most of the time I have to give it the nutritious healthy food it needs, in the right portions. But then there are the times to enjoy food for its own sake. Learning to do that in moderation is my goal!

Enjoy that cupcake! (Well ok you already did, I hope.... enjoy the next one too, in its own good time!)

shoot, everyone slips. i had a doughnut 2 weeks after surgery. just because you're banded doesn't mean you're brain has changed it's habits yet!

don't feel guilty and don't beat yourself up! tomorrow is another day! it's better that you fed your craving instead of holding it in and then trying to binge on an entire cake a week from now!

Its just 1... its not that bad!

We have a new-ish cupcake store here, and I bought a bunch a few months ago (not banded yet). They looked absolutely delicious, but they all sucked! Hope your cupcake was good!