Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About ur New Nymph

Hi! I'm Jaime. I'm 30, single & I was banded on Nov 8th, 2007. I had my surgery at the same place that I'm employed as a Heart Monitor Tech (Nights). I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job. When not working with patients heart rhythms, I float as the House Hospital Secreatary for the Nursing staff and doctors. Don't so much like that job, but it's money.

I was born in Los Angeles, California to a Polish mother & American Indian father. They moved us to a tiny town outside Lincoln, Nebraska when I was 9 years old. I have 2 older sisters, Jackie, 42 & Mary 37, and a brother, Jason, 29 (they're all skinny, built & beautiful). I moved to the Kansas City area when i was 22. I have 3 cats who call me mom: Zoey Anne, 9; Chloe Isabelle, 5 & Daphne Clare, 1. And a TON of neices/nephews & babies of friends' that call me their own.

Dr. Stephen Malley, in Overland Park, Kansas did my band. He's a wonderful doctor and he has the greatest staff in the world!! But most importantly I love my band!!! However, i'm a little frustrated by it right now. So far I've lost 55 pounds. Apparently after reading some posts, I have a weird frame & body. I'm 185 lbs & in a size 16. I've read that some lap banders are bigger & in smaller clothes, it's just so frusterating to me. I've lost my butt (J-Lo bootie), wings (upper arms), my double chin, and my face...but still my middle remains!

I haven't had a fill since the beginning of April. I just don't have the funds for it as need be, as there are family issues & bills that need paid that come before my band being filled. I'm now getting my next fill on 7/3...hopefully a good one, where I won't have to go back to get it unfilled. That's been a problem since day one.

I don't go to any support groups, as they're all on nights when I'm working so I'm going to start looking to this as my support, I hope that's o.k. I have some support from my Aunt & cousin, but as they're small, they don't understand. I have A LOT of support from my co-workers, though. Everyone tells me how great I look, and how the pounds just melted off of me so far. I don't think I look any different though. So far I know of 5 of us here at work that have had the lap band done, and 3 that have had gastric bypass. Only 1 of the 3 bypasses have "worked" and us "banders" are still in the "new throws" of being banded, as I'm the longest banded co-hort. A very good friend of mine had the gastric bypass, and lost a ton of weight, but her doc put her on the wrong meds & had to have surgery to repair a ulcer in her new tummy. That was a month ago, and she's still in the ICU. I'm soooo glad I made the decision I made.

I switched Pcp's because my physician was not supportive of my decision either. She wanted me to have the gastric bypass like her and her husband. She doesn't understand why anyone would get a band and have to go in for a fill when they're 80 years old, when you can just get your stomach cut and be done with it. She refused to see me in the hospital, so, I'm done with her. My new PCP is AMAZING!! And her office is here in the Medical office building at work and she takes early morning pts too.

My boyfriend broke up with me on Valentines day this year. He was with me before I had surgery, but couldn't hang on. So I'm focusing on going back to school, as I start Aug 20th. A 30 year old college student. What the hell am I thinking working full time & college full time. But still...I can't wait!!

So, Nymphs, here I am in all my glory. Nice to meet you. If you would like to get better aquainted with me I have a myspace page where there are pictures of me (before & after-as of 5/3?) and my family. And there's a better description of who I am it's www.myspace.com/zcjjb.

Thanks for letting me in the "group".

Husker-ette (Jaime)

Edited by Huskerette

Welcome Jaime. Sounds like you've been through quite a bit recently. In my opinion, anyone who breaks up with someone on Valentine's has to be a bit of a dweeb and definitely not worth a second thought! Your previous dr sounds like one as well. I can understand someone disagreeing with something but it was still her job to be there for you so again, no great loss.

Shame you can't get more fills, hope that changes for you soon. Mine are part of the package for the first year then I start paying again. Not looking forward to that day.

Good luck and stick with LBT & the Nymphs, it's a good place to be.

Hey Huskerette! If it makes you feel better I was a size 16 at 185 pounds too!

You're the second person I know who got broken up with on Valentine's Day. My husband's brother did that to his WIFE if you can believe it! He's a much nicer person now though.

It sounds like you've got a great attitude and a lot of new things happening along with your new skinny bod! Good for you for going to school and working full-time. I know how tough that is.

Linda

Hi Huskerette! You and I were banded on the same day...but you've lost 12 more pounds than me!! Congrats on that. I WILL be 185 soon too, and will probably be a 14. Lucky for me, I'm losing my weight pretty evenly over my body.

I had a fill today too! Crazy! This was my 5th fill, it was just a TINY one. I feel like I'm almost to my sweet spot, so I only went with .25cc. I think I'll go back for another .25 in a few weeks if that doesn't work out.

Anyway, it's great to have you as part of the Nymphs! And thanks for pushing our "weight loss to date" chart over the ONE TON mark! That's pretty neat!